Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!
I judge people who get rid of their pets just because they're having a baby very harshly, but now I'm considering getting rid of my cat just because I'm pregnant.

The past year or so he's started meowing very loudly all the goddamn time and nothing I do makes him stop. I used to be crazy about him but now I'm caring about him less and less. I just want him to shut the hell up. It used to annoy me but I dealt with it, now that it's later in the pregnancy I've been too uncomfortable to sleep well at night and when he wakes me up with his meowing I'm filled with rage. I think I might actually snap and kill him when I'm sleep deprived from the baby if he keeps me or the baby up with his awful yowling.

The only reason I haven't rehomed him already is because who wants a cat aggressive middle-aged cat who won't shut the hell up? And I still care about him enough that I don't want him euthed.

Captain Foxy posted:

-I am irrationally disappointed and bored by people who own labs and goldens because they're so boring and durfy and they're all the exact same thing and there's so loving many of them. I get mad when I go to the dog park purely to look at other people's dogs and there's nothing but boring dumb labs there. The people that have them seem to just glaze over and chirp 'great family dogs!!!' over and over again when asked about their dog, and they always seem to be as dumb and ignorant of dog social cues as their dogs. 'Oh he's just trying to play!' when the 80lb dog is repeatedly ramming my 5lb dog into the ground = typical example. They're not bad dogs, I guess, just stupid as balls and people keep breeding them like mad, so it's not their fault that they're everywhere, but everytime I see a lab or a golden I want to euth it and replace it with a neat-looking other breed purely because I think they're boring and ubiquitous and I think people should have to deal with dog quirks instead of just 'push button, receive family dog'. Yup. :)

My family raises Seeing Eye Puppies; labs, goldens, and lab/golden crosses. I used to think the same thing about labs and goldens but I love these dogs so much. They're way better than the hundreds of dogs (mostly danes, dobies, mastiffs, greyhounds, misc crosses) we've fostered over the years. They've been bred for smarts, trainability, and health to make great Seeing Eye dogs for generations though, so I still feel superior about them over normal labs and goldens. A lot of those are big and dumb BYB dogs with too much energy and too little training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!

Saint Darwin posted:

Heh I guess I have another one

Some days recently (especially after we got the guinea pigs) the cat will. not. shut. up. She will just meow, and meow, and meow, and walk around the house, and meow, and sit outside our bedrooms and meow. But, she still doesn't loving like attention. If you pet her she rubs once and walks away if you try to pet more. If you try to pick her up she becomes a cloud of claws and loud upset meowing and then runs and hides. I literally don't know what the drat cat wants. So, I yell at the cat to shut the gently caress up. "Shut the gently caress up cat," I say, and the cat looks at me and meows louder and I roll my eyes. The only surefire way to get her to stop is to bearhug her and take the blows for a minute so she's sufficiently mad and will shut up and hide.

When my cat won't shut up sometimes I follow him around and squirt him with water every time he meows. It doesn't do anything to stop him until 15 minutes later when he's soaking wet and takes a break to lick himself dry, but it makes me feel better in a small way!

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!
Now that my baby is born my cat gets no attention at all. I feel bad and I'm not ignoring him on purpose, but I spend most of my day nursing and cuddling with my baby and he will have nothing to do with her. He's obviously lonely and I'll call him over and he perks up and runs over for pettings, but then refuses to come close enough for me to touch him because she's with me.

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!
We never played that type of game with my cat and he still managed to kill a bird even though he's indoor only and gets no practice. We had a window open, took the glass pane out and before we put the screen in for summer a bird flew in. He killed that bird before it had been in the house for a full second. I wouldn't feel too bad, cats are just great at killing birds.

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!
I work at a big box pet store and I feel terrible sometimes selling hamsters and guinea pigs and the like. I know at least some of them I'm sending to their death of neglect, a lot of the others will spend their days miserable in tiny cages that don't cleaned often enough and its at least somewhat my fault. All the people who just buy a hamster on a whim because its cute and/or to teach their five year old "responsibility" ugh.

• Locked thread