Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
I let the rats beer and wine off my fingers. I only really seek out the company of two of my four, since those are the ones I like. I slack on giving them regular fruit and veg they're supposed to get, and one of them is actually pretty fat. Sorry rats but you're still spoiled vermin so I don't feel that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
If I didn't own the rats with my partner, I would have one of them put down. I don't like her at all, and it would mean we have ratspace for a pretty neutered boy rat. :sigh: As it is, she still lives a the rat life of luxury and everything, even if she's a mean weirdo spaz who doesn't appreciate it.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Celery Face posted:

Sometimes I wake up my bearded dragon when he's sleeping just to see how mad he'll get. He actually looks really funny when he puffs his beard out. :3:

I do this to my rats :3:. One of them hates it and will very sleepily try to push my hand away.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Superconsndar posted:

She wants to kill frankie, but she loves moses

and

moses

her.

:stare:

This is not a thing that has ever happened before, so I dunno wtf. She even corrected him pretty harshly for being a douche and he just...backed off.

Aww, they can be the little Bonnie and Clyde of the dog world, eating all the other dogs except each other :3:

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

CompactFanny posted:

Dear thread,

I went to animal control and found a dog that I love even though I can't have a dog.

:saddowns:

Solution: get the dog

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

uptown posted:

I regret getting my dog more every day. My cat, who is the most precious thing in my whole life, HATES the dog. I love the dog, but Fussy does this horrible cat screaming/hissing/meow yelling thing at the dog every time they're near each other. He's smacked him (claws out) as well a few times, which I think is loving horrible and I worry he might hit my dog in the eye. The dog isn't blameless either. He won't stay away from the loving cat. He just wants to play, but it's not. going. to. happen. I hope that they reach some sort of a detente soon, because I cannot rehome either of them. My cat is the love of my life, and my dog is pretty great too. If I hadn't gotten him, this never would have happened...

Man I've seen you post a few times about how you think getting the pup was a bad choice :(. You should post in the training thread about that, though, because that's definitely behavior you can work on. Maybe get soft paws for the cat in the meantime.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

ForcedKen posted:

I have allergies of varying degrees to everything with fur. My doctor made me promise, after much arguing, that I could have dogs, but no more rats than the 1 I had at the time, and no other pets.

Likewise, my apartment complex is only officially aware that we have one dog.

Current count:
2 dogs, 2 rats, 2 ferrets, and a cat. Is that considered hoarding yet?

But my primary pet-related shame is that when I was 15 I brought home a ferret without my parents' permission and my dad made me give her away. I still feel horrible guilt whenever I think about it. I was such a stupid kid.

I try to make up for it, though! My dogs and cat are all rescues, and I have vowed to never get small mammals from a pet store again. The dogs get Taste of the Wild, the rats get Regal Rat, and I have spent ~$1000 on medical care for rats over the past 4 years.

Yeah, I'm that crazy guy.

You've sinned by not posting in the rat thread <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Sometimes when skyping with my mom I call the rats her "grandkids" but it's only because it's hilarious how horrified she gets at the thought.

• Locked thread