Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Oh god lets see:

-My dog puked at like 6am, and instead of getting up, I let him eat it and went back to sleep.

-I don't wipe his butt after he poops, even though my mother demands we do it every time.

-I don't wipe his feet when we come back in after a walk, same thing as above.

-I should take him for long walks, but I just take him out until he pees/poops, then it's back inside.

:negative:

edit: Vvv He had Giardia for quite a while as a puppy, and we did it to keep him from licking and reinfecting himself. Now we do it because poop gets stuck.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Serella posted:

Yeah, I feel this way about my cat too. I become a big, blubby baby if something is wrong with the ferrets because I live then more than anything, but the cat in general is just meh. I enjoy him, but he is not essential to my mental well-being like the ferrets are, even the ferret I've only had for half the time I've had the cat.

Cat: gets boarded or left home with a timed feeder when I'm out of town

Ferrets: have a special travel cage and come on nearly every vacation/trip with me

Cat: gets pets when I feel like letting him drool on me

Ferrets: get cradled like babies in my arms while being fed treats every day

Cat: loves me more than anything ever

Ferrets: don't want to be held unless treats are involved, hate being petted or scritched, bite my feet

If this story was about a relationship with men rather than pets, it would be on the Lifetime channel.

Cold Heart, Warm Belly: A Lifetime Animal Channel Movie.

I love Feldman and he's my boy and I'd kick another dog to death to protect him. My aunts dog? Meh. If a mastiff or something were to suddenly run by and snatch her up, well that's just nature taking it's course.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Topoisomerase posted:

Judge me for my deaf retarded Toller please just for comedy tell me what you would think IRL :v:

I'm pretty sure your deaf retarded Toller is awesome as poo poo and I wanna snuggle dat dog. :colbert:

Also I hate small dogs, I really do. I want to punt my aunts stupid chi mutt across the earth. But I love Feldman, so so much. It doesn't make sense but it's true!

I daydream about having a place I could have a bunch of big dogs, and how I'd have the inside set up for them. I've picked out names for the dogs and everything. :tinfoil:

edit: The daydream includes NO small dogs at all.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Topoisomerase posted:

but it's okay because if I saw you out with Frankie I'd have the "ugh look at that disgusting trainwreck smashface thing I bet it smells loving awful" response anyway :v:

To be fair, I look at my own Boston Terrier and just laugh, sometimes. I kinda feel bad because he doesn't know why I'm laughing at him, but hey. If you don't want to get laughed at, you shouldn't have a stupid smooshed face, dog. :colbert:

Also, I bought him this little beehive soft toy, that has holes in it and squeaky bees that you put in it. I deliberately put his other toys in it, because he has to smash his entire face into a hole to try to grab a toy and pull it out, and the sight of him failing because of his face makes me laugh.

:negative: sorry buddy, I'm horrible to you!

edit: Vvv ahaha, a pain in the rear end to clean up, but sounds hilarious. :v:

Feldman already has destroyed one bee by tearing the wing off. For a little dog he's destructive as hell. We don't even put in treats. He just likes to chew the hell outta stuff.

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 2, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I'll be sitting around, and Feldman will come up and look at me. So I'll look back at him. This of course makes him Real Mad because why aren't I showering him with attention?! So he'll make a huff and take a step, while I continue to stare, knowing A Bark is coming. Only once he barks will I pet him. It's reinforcing bad behavior, but I find it hilarious.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

My aunts dog was laying with her face under my snuggie, and I farted. I dutch ovened the dog and I don't feel bad.

Kinda feel guilty about having a snuggie though.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I stopped watching it because they were basically looking for reasons to justify putting dogs down on some episodes. "This dog has scars it was clearly a fighting dog so it has to die!" kind of stuff. Though this was either Detroit or Houston back in 2004 (when I stopped watching) so it's entirely possible it changed. Just put the poor dogs down, don't try to justify it you assholes.

I can't watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVeBHwRbXB0 (the iams irish wolfhound commercial) without getting terrible allergies, then getting all scowly because they're feeding the dog off the floor. The whiplash from emotional to sperg is pretty severe.

That video is like that series of videos of soldiers being greeted by their pets on their return home from duty. Those always made me choke the hell up. Just thinking about them makes me :unsmith:

Also the Irish Wolfhound is my Dream Dog. The one dog I'd get if I ever had the space/money/time to properly take care of one.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

Sometimes when Sadie is grooming I poke or pet her in a spot she just finished with. She isn't a fan, which makes it awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StAslvlrtac
(she had just cleaned the other paw)

How To Trigger Your Cats OCD.

My mom/aunt can't stand the sound Feldman makes when he licks, it kinda sounds like shoving your fist in a bowl of pudding and twisting it around. They'll yell at me to get him to stop licking, but I'll sit there for another minute or two, just to watch them totally get grossed out. :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

It's really blowing my mind because she's got like screaming dog rage for Frankie but her and Moses are like making out and poo poo and Moses has literally never once in his life interacted in a positive way with a dog that isn't Frankie. She REALLY HATES FRANKIE and it's the funniest thing that has like ever happened.

This sounds hilarious. Also a good solution is to give me Frankie. Feldman and Frankie can be totally gay together and you can keep both pits. I will then have all the flat faced farty dogs I could ever want!

• Locked thread