Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I, too, hoarded animals during the worst years of my life. Birds, to be precise (surprise!). When I abruptly had to move cross-country I left them with my mother. I found out three years later that she kept them all in the basement, took such good care of them that my favorite parakeet (a rosy Bourke's, she was so sweet) had a literal poo poo stalagmite under her preferred perch, and one of my budgies died of starvation.

My cockatiel was the only one who was still alive by the time my little sister alerted me and now the cockatiel lives with me and my conure, and I pamper her as much as I can but she's old and just wants to sleep all day anyway. That was a few years ago and I still feel really awful.

I also like to imprison my boyfriend's cat beneath my body/in my arms and yell "TIME TO SQUASH RAMIREZ!!" He's a very good sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

When Amadeus starts bitching in his cage loud enough to wake me in the mornings I stumble out of bed and open its door before collapsing back in bed. He never progresses to proper screaming but the loud parrot quacks are pretty drat annoying and he's potty trained, if he wants to spend the next hour and a half snuggled on my pillow or against my neck that's cool.

I'm reinforcing bad behavior but damnit all he wants is to go back to sleep next to me

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pile of Kittens posted:

Oh please, with a cat like that, who needs human friends? Us bird people give up really early on ever having human friends because of the constant bird pooping everywhere.

Yeah pretty much this, I'm moving this weekend and today's scheduled cleaning event was "all the places the birds like to sit." :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Retro Access posted:

Merry Christmas!

I just shared this photo with three people at this Christmas party and they all found it hilarious. Maybe that will be some small consolation to that poor cat. :allears:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My boyfriend and I just moved into an apartment together. We have my two small parrots and his cat. He really wants a second cat from a shelter and I'm close to relenting because I grew up with a super cuddly cat and his cat isn't cuddly at all, and since we just moved in Ramirez won't be feeling dominant over a new addition right? Oh god we don't need another pet, but I got to visit my cat at my sister's house at Christmas and he's this enormous floppy cuddly Maine Coon and aaahhhhh

I feel especially terrible since I'm a Bird Person and there's no loving way I'd let a third bird into this house, knowing that it would alienate my existing birds, but the possibility of alienating his cat isn't even factoring in :saddowns: I'm the Responsible One, I shouldn't be on the brink of agreeing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I like holding my conure in my fist and zooming him around in the air in figure eights and dramatic dives and making plane sounds. NNNNEEEEYYYOOOOWWWWW

He stares at me with this long-suffering air the whole time.

• Locked thread