Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:smith: I yelled at Ires for knocking around Calvin's viv because she can't jump for poo poo and tried to jump it, flailed all over it and I freaked out. She was really upset for the next few hours because oh god, I yelled at her and I never yell. Calvin did not even notice except for getting doused with CGD. She's fine.

That was Sunday. It's Tuesday. I still feel terrible about it. I'm sorry sad little puppy oh god please don't look at me like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

notsowelp posted:

Eh, I'm just poking fun. (This is notsoape by the way). Pet Island is chill these days but some of us still remember 06-09 :colbert:. Self-righteous proselytising is definitely part of the PI heritage.

Or uh just.. sperging endlessly in the pet store aisle to someone about to buy a betta fish and a fish bowl and :byodame:

That person certainly isn't me. I certainly also didn't deliver a Pardalis and Foxy-inspired speech that should have been entitled: No, That Veiled Chameleon Hates You And You Really Don't Want To Own One.

Totally didn't.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

I only forked out a ton for rat surgeries at my craziest, because if I spend a ton on rat surgeries, I'm the best pet owner ever, right???

Not gonna lie: if anything besides a dog gets sick, its pretty much SOL. Anything that can be treated with antibiotics (or basic cleaning and stuff in the case of wounds) will be treated if it's a rat or a reptile. If it's a mouse, it MIGHT get over the counter feed store antibiotics if I feel like it, if not I just euth it if it doesn't look like it's gonna get better on its own. I will baby older rats and give them 1 level cages and help them eat and keep them on antibiotics if necessary and do whatever I can to keep them comfortable, but if any kind of vet bill runs over about a hundred bucks it usually becomes a matter of management until it's obvious they're not happy anymore.

...Unless I just happen to REALLY like that animal for whatever reason, and then I will meltdown over it and spend whatever I can so basically I am horrible and play favorites. :(

I am at least psycho about my dogs and if anything happened to either of them I'd spend every penny of my savings and then start selling poo poo and begging family members for loans to get them seen about.

Right there with you. As much as I love my non-dog and cat animals, I just can't bring myself to spend a shitload of money on vet stuff for them. I will make them happy and comfortable and spoiled rotten, but if we're talking $1000 in surgery for Harley or something, :smith: sorry Harley. Vet care and stuff I will totally do, but if we're talking about knocking out say, a gerbil, to remove a tumor, I will probably just bring the gerbil home, give it an amazing day and take it out back Ol Yeller style, quickly and painlessly.

But yeah I'd sell my ovaries for the dogs on the other hand. You want a finger? Sure no problem save my dog and you can have it. I get free insurance. They don't.

RabbitMage posted:

I want a Labradoodle. :woof:

Adopt one. :ohdear:

Also, I guess I should say the biggest reason my cats aren't here is at least mostly because the relatives they're with don't want to give them up. They keep them in a single (very nice, very large, very comfortable) room. So I'm kind of fighting with that and probably will end up losing.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fraction posted:

I get really goony nerdrage about ~'doodles~ and ~'poos~ and any other designer breed, to the point where my friends like to poke fun at me about it.

I am insufferable about this to the point of "Oh, you mean that cute mutt over there?" kind of poo poo. Husband thinks it's hilarious I get all angry about it so fast.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm on singulair, an albuterol inhaler and zyrtec for my never-ending cough. It makes me forget poo poo. It makes me zombiefried for like 10 minutes after I wake up. I have a list of poo poo I need to do stuck to the fridge and constantly open on the computer or I'd be like, mice? :confused: What mice?, by this point. Or my PISS present would be in the fridge (I've put pots and pans in the fridge and freezer like 10 times at this point)

I may or may not have gotten really out of it at one point and put the mouse food in the snake feeding enclosure, the dead mouse in the roach bin and the orange cubes in the mouse aquarium, too. I got rattled at for the mouse food. :saddowns: I'm sorry Joker.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Oh, Amy locks herself in the bathroom all the time and I just listen to her scream about it at the top of her lungs because I really don't care. I mean I let her out eventually, but :effort:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I want a tiny, pure white toy dog that I can dye rainbows all the time, paint it's nails, dress it in awful dresses but I also want to make it a therapy dog. v:shobon:v

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Amy likes telephones. All telephones. She knows my mother's ringtone, and whenever she calls, she runs over and shoves the phone at me. Why? Because she wants to talk on it. And I don't mean sniff it and run away. She shoves her cheek against it and wags her tail and sometimes makes noises back at it. And she's super excited.

And I let her do it all the time, even though it's an awful behavior, because she's just so happy she's figured out phones.

I also realized Kaydee knows how to turn on all three game systems on the bottom shelf beneath our tv. Ires also knows this. They just spent ten minutes beeping them with their noses. The only thing Balen does is occasionally open the fridge.

I should probably stop all of this but it's so fun to watch them poke around with technology that I'm not stopping bad behaviors. :ohdear:

Oh, and my geckos live in plastic because cleaning glass sucks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

We just randomly heft the danes every now and then to gently caress with their heads. It really fucks with Amy's to the point that when you put her down she just stands there and stares straight ahead for a while.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

I skip sanity once a month for a day to clean up the "system", you'd be suprised what comes up, but alot of people might not agree with this method. I belive it is healthy tough, sin or not.

Sanity? :confused:

Amy freaked last night at circle and bolted out the door when she spotted A Guy Behind Her. This was the same guy who'd been on the floor getting kisses not twenty minutes earlier. Since I'm used to her being retarded in general, I tend to stare at the dog when we walk. Unfortunately, I was a whole leash behind her as we were going through the steel door. She whipped around the corner of the door and BANG, CRUNCH, my wrist goes numb as I desperately try to dive out the door after her so that wouldn't happen. Everyone gasps and I start swearing up and down, grab the dog one handed, drag her to the car and lock her in. She spent the rest of the night being really upset, ears shaking, tail between her legs because she thought I was super mad at her because I really, really bellowed at her about it.

My wrist is incredibly colorful today and hurts like crazy when I try to support anything on that hand (to the point that my fingers spasm and I drop whatever it is) so she hosed up something really good. And I feel bad about upsetting her over it all. She spent like half of the morning with her head on my knee with these giant sad eyes. :saddowns: I made dog sad.

Captain Foxy posted:

MUST. OWN. EVERY. REPTILE. I. SEE.

I know a place that's probably going under that has a bunch of cresties for sale~

E: My wrist is super cracked. Awesome! Rest and more rest for me.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 19, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

daggerdragon posted:

Go to the doctor. That's a sprain, at the very least.

Pile of Kittens posted:

Doctor. It'll be more expensive in a few weeks when you still can't use your drat wrist and it's halfway healed wrong. Just get it over with.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the hospital, no worries.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tim the Enchanter posted:

They put down dogs that are startled by someone popping an umbrella? I get startled by someone popping an umbrella open. :staredog:

I stopped watching it because they were basically looking for reasons to justify putting dogs down on some episodes. "This dog has scars it was clearly a fighting dog so it has to die!" kind of stuff. Though this was either Detroit or Houston back in 2004 (when I stopped watching) so it's entirely possible it changed. Just put the poor dogs down, don't try to justify it you assholes.

I can't watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVeBHwRbXB0 (the iams irish wolfhound commercial) without getting terrible allergies, then getting all scowly because they're feeding the dog off the floor. The whiplash from emotional to sperg is pretty severe.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Serella posted:

I don't know how anyone keeps pets that are actively aggressive toward them.

Reptile thread and rodent thread role call. I mean, not ALL of them are assholes but boy oh boy are there plenty of bite incidents.

If you scream "NO" across the house Amy runs to you as fast as she can since that's mostly what she heard when she was a puppy. We also refer to the dogs as 'baby' and 'the bitches' respectively.

Oh, and I take extreme pleasure rubbing vitamin e oil on balen's dry nose because he hates it so much. Then the bitches all want their noses rubbed with it because one dog had it and it has to be the best thing. They forget every single time and their reaction faces make me so happy when they remember.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Checked on the crested gecko eggs. Mold all over one of them, it's sunken in, slimy. All the signs of it being dead. I cut it open and I found all sorts of neat things in it. I know I ought to feel sad, and honestly I am a little sad. But mostly I was just excited to see all the weird little things in the egg.

I have dead egg guilt.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Good. I'm glad you got her. Poor girl. :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

all of you stop trying to repurpose my frankie!!!!

The danes love grunting toys.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dear thread
Super is inspiring me to look at the animal control website locally. Oh, and I get updates about Zee all the time but I never bother to say anything. :3: He's adorable and tiny and happy. She's painting his nails blue tomorrow.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Rodent Mortician posted:

My dog is a complete loving idiot and I had this same problem and really thought she'd end up blinded by catrage. I bought some delicious high-cal training treats, and every time she got near the cat I'd call her away and give her a treat. Pretty soon she would walk to the cat and then disengage and immediately walk to me. Now that the cat has normalized they play together.

I did something sorta similar though Gabe and Sarah were raised around Balen so they were always pretty dog-okay. Still, they had an rear end in a top hat stage so I'd call the cats away from him, make Balen and the cats sit, then pump treats into them when their attention was on me. Got to be as soon as I told them to stop being dumb, they were all about treats. If they wouldn't listen, I tossed Balen's rattle toy into the midst of them and the cats would run off like it was a grenade.

Hell, Amy even faceplanted on Gabe as a tiny puppy and all he did was beartrap her head and purr at her. :3: He used to groom her tail for her.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

While you people are having dreams about the terrible consequences of your actions for PI, I dream about you people dying in natural disasters and murders and poo poo and having to take care of all your goddamned animals. And for some reason, Moses always turns Balen gay as hell. By the end of the dream they're hanging out at forever 21 trying on cut off t-shirts and makeup.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Thirding would've done the same thing. Giant breeds in a panic are nothing to gently caress with, especially if they're crushing you.

A friend of mine has her dog on a shock collar and I've told her about twenty times that it's worthless. Her dog listens to me 95% of the time. He never listens to her. I give him treats.

I feel smug as gently caress about it :smug:

E: #2: Someone at an old group asked me if I had "animal magick" or "animal speech" because most of what I do with my dogs involves asking, not telling, and I tend to talk to them. So I told them, in all seriousness, that I totally talk to my dogs daily and I listen to all of their answers back and we have several hour long conversations that only I can hear. They spent 6 months begging me to teach them. Trolling crazy people is fun.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:ohdear: Gettin in on the grandpets train.

Except my mom sing-songs hellos to them when I talk to her, which is sort of cute because she does it in the happiest voice ever and it clearly makes her happy. And sometimes one of them will hear it and come trotting over with their goofy ears way too high.

Confession: Sometimes I hold the phone up to the dog and let them listen to my mom. Sometimes Amy whines and moans back at her.

• Locked thread