Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I'm taking care of someone else's cat for a year, and this cat has lived with me for four months now and is still ridiculously skittish. Basically, the only time she actually wants to be near me and be petted is in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, this is when I sleep and the only time I don't want to be near her or pet her. (I don't like her sleeping next to me because she keeps me awake by occasionally kneading my flesh with her claws out.) Last night, she meowed and scratched at my door basically all night until I finally got up, picked her up, put her in the spare room, and shut the door on her. Then she meowed and cried and scratched at the door, but down the hall from my bedroom and I could finally sleep. I feel so bad about that now, like I'm rejecting her only overtures of friendliness. But goddamn, cat, you have the worst timing.

I also torment her by luring her near me, picking her up, sniffing her all over, and telling her what a great meatloaf she'd make and how hungry I am for a cat-snack and, oh my, four legs means four juicy drumsticks for dinner, etc., until she squirms and runs away. I also have no qualms about waking her up during her naptime by petting her and playing with her paws until she bats my hand away -- I see this as payback for interrupting my sleep almost every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ha, my dad comes over and plays with her for hours with the laser pointer, but he always does it in the morning -- I'll ask him to come by in the evening and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip!

Add me to the list of people who don't remember to scoop the litter every day, too.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm a little jealous of all you people with pet-craving cats. My cat is still so skittish that on the rare occasion that she lets me pet her for longer than 3 seconds before running off, I call after her, "Thank you for letting me love you!" :gbsmith:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Confession time: I think that pugamute in Captain Foxy's avatar is adorable and I kind of want one. The widow's peak makes it look like a little vampire.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I could not decide what to call my cats, so I registered their microchips under their shelter names and that's what I call them when I make vet's appointments. At home, though, I call them around five other names apiece. They don't answer to any of them, I'm probably confusing the hell out of them, but I just can't stick with one name.

I mostly call them "The Big Guy" and "The Little Guy". The Little Guy is still a kitten, and although he's closing in on The Big Guy's size and one day may in fact be bigger than The Big Guy, he'll always be The Little Guy to me. :3:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I kissed my black-and-white cat on his white neck this afternoon and left pink lipstick stains on him. They're on an area he can't reach to groom, and I tried to rub them off but they won't come off. I laugh every time I look at him.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When my dad talks to my cats, he refers to himself as "dad," but he refers to me as their aunt. I don't know how this works in his mind.

I refer to myself as their person. After one of them licks my hand: "Awww, you love your person!"

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I talk to my cats all the time and use a silly voice when I do, and then sometimes I catch myself talking to people in my silly cat voice and feel so, so ashamed.

E: At least I don't talk back to myself, pretending to be my cat. Whew, that would be over the line. :stonklol:

Rabbit Hill fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My younger cat has a talent for picking the moments when you're .01 seconds away from starting to walk to rub up against your legs. Every single day, I nearly step on, trip on, or kick him, and he always comes back for more. :gbsmith:

Confession part 2: He's the sweetest cat in the world and is always up for pets, cuddles, and play, but.....I prefer my other cat, who is ornery and will scratch a bitch if you bother him.

E: I feel bad for admitting that. I LOVE THEM BOTH OKAY

My younger cat is such a sweetie pie, he purrs when he eats and then when he's finished, always runs over to me and rubs up against my legs, as though he's thanking me :kimchi:

I filmed this early in the morning (sorry for the pre-dawn darkness) -- you might need earphones to hear him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L15sML4PPlA

Rabbit Hill fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 20, 2014

• Locked thread