Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
I've poked my two older dogs in the eye more times than I can count. It's their own fault for always being too close and being the perfect height for me to bop them in the face any time I raise my hand from my side.

I yell at Lilly for doing generic cat things while I'm trying to sleep. I've actually stopped feeling guilty, it's like natural reaction now. I think I yell "LILLY STOP" so much at night that people may think I'm Sammi from the Jersey Shore.

Also all the generic things, litter box laziness, dogs getting people food and not walking them properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
I have resigned to the fact that I am a cat person through and through. I freakin' hate dogs now. They're so needy and whiny and annoying and Lilly is just so perfect and funny and independent. I live in a house with 3 dogs, 2 of which are neurotic poodle mixes who are so goddamn frustrating to deal with. They've completely ruined the thought of ever getting a pup by being so awful.

Someone opened a door in the house? BARK AT IT.
Someone who lives in the house walked into the room we're in? BARK AT THEM.
It's windy outside? BARK AT IT.
A door opened down the block? LOSE OUR poo poo AT IT.
I don't feel like walking downstairs and out my dog door. poo poo ON THE FLOOR.

I know it's a training thing which admittedly they didn't get a lot of from their owner and anything my husband and I reinforced was never maintained by other people. I appreciate the hell out of my old lazy lab now because he never barks unless there's stranger danger and never shits in the house (looking at you stupid little lhasa-poo thing) but he still isn't as awesome as Lilly.

If I did get a dog, it'd be a small one though because screw picking up big poops/pee/barf if or when they happen. :colbert:

• Locked thread