Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Decoy always wins all play fights and squabbles with Hugo. One day, after hearing Hugo wail particularly loudly I held onto Decoys feet so Hugo could headbutt him retardedly without being pounded and Be A Winner.

I also let my cats outside, but only when we're at home and not at night. I feel like I should be appalled by Decoy's kleptomania but I nearly wet myself laughing when I discovered his treasure trove of stolen food and toys he hid in my husbands tshirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
When Decoy was little we discovered he loved jumping for toys. Ever since, every time we'd play with him we'd always throw toys above him and it was a game to see how high he could jump to snatch them out of the air. He's incredibly good at this now, and can snatch a toy almost every single time up to a height of about 1 - 1.2m AND sometimes hits it back like some kind of feline volleyball game.

It wasn't until later that we realised that we'd essentially taught him, through play, not only just how to catch birds but how to be a loving master at snatching any low-flying creature out of the air. Today he was outside for literally 5min before bringing in a sparrow.

:smith:

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Pew! Pew! posted:

When my fiancee's cats fight with each other, I tell her "the kids are fighting again". :(

:( my parents refer to our cats as their "grandkitties"

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Robo Kitty posted:

On a related note, if anyone has suggestions on how to keep a cat from destroying your belongings when you're trying to sleep, I'd appreciate it.

Just lock everything unfortunately :( Decoy attacked multiple pairs of shoes and raked his claws down a $450 dress before I learned this lesson.

To contribute: The cats are now used to Da Bird, and Decoy is especially spastic over it and every night since the toy arrived I have psyched him up with it until the point of exhaustion - not because he needs the exercise, but because when he's pooped he lies flat on his stomach with his legs sprawled and pants like he's just run a marathon, complete with his silly little pink tongue hanging out.

I also trail it between the two cats because it sends them into literal hissy fits at each other because HIGH VALUE TOY OTHER CAT IS TOO CLOSE TO IT.

• Locked thread