Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

My rats get hands on out of the cage time only once a month or so from me because of how bad my allergies to them have gotten. I can't touch them without getting hives and if I accidentally rub my eye after touching them my whole face swells up but I'm too emotionally attached to give them up. I give them lots of toys and new stuff to explore instead and build a "rat patio" for the younger ones to play on.

I also feed Harlan Tekland lab blocks. They get veggies, fruit and proteins a couple of times a week but my rats have always done really well on it and will turn up their nose at treats for the blocks. I have a 4 year old rat right now so I think they do pretty well on it.

I scoop my cat's litter every couple of days and If I'm going to switch out the whole litter I let it go for longer.

The dogs spend too much time in their crates. They sleep in their crates and are in there when I'm at work. I can't trust them not to eat the walls and kill themselves if I'm not watching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

When I was in high school I had a parakeet named Hedwig. I took care of him and loved him dearly but I got really annoyed with how he would only eat some of his seed mix and leave the rest. I decided he would eat the stuff she didn't like if he got hungry enough and left him alone for a long weekend while my family visited my grandma with the seeds he didn't like. When I got home he was dying on the bottom of the cage.

I blew into the seed dish and the hulls flew everywhere. He ate what he didn't like but he starved because there wasn't enough food for him.

I have never forgiven myself for that. I'm sorry Hedwig. :(

SuperTwo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 28, 2012

• Locked thread