Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I often forget to do the cat box in good time, so the way I'm reminded is that I notice she starts peeing on the waterproof cover on the futon. That's my reminder "hey rear end in a top hat get this done"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Oh I rediscoverd my favorite form of harassment with my guinea pigs: like all of them seem to learn (genetic knowledge, clearly), they recognize bar rustling sounds as "food might be coming our way," so they get really excited and squeak and run around. When I'm sitting next to them bored and they won't come out of their house, and I'm too lazy to go move the house, I will rustle the closest bag and they more often than not come sprinting out squeaking their heads off, at which point I intercept the closest one for cuddles.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Heh I guess I have another one

Some days recently (especially after we got the guinea pigs) the cat will. not. shut. up. She will just meow, and meow, and meow, and walk around the house, and meow, and sit outside our bedrooms and meow. But, she still doesn't loving like attention. If you pet her she rubs once and walks away if you try to pet more. If you try to pick her up she becomes a cloud of claws and loud upset meowing and then runs and hides. I literally don't know what the drat cat wants. So, I yell at the cat to shut the gently caress up. "Shut the gently caress up cat," I say, and the cat looks at me and meows louder and I roll my eyes. The only surefire way to get her to stop is to bearhug her and take the blows for a minute so she's sufficiently mad and will shut up and hide.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

The pee has almost definitely soaked down into the carpet pad, so steam cleaning isn't going to get it out. In fact it will probably make it worse, by pulling lots of pee up into the carpet and distributing it more evenly. You're gonna get dinged for a full carpet replacement.

I had a landlord pull that line. Except the cat's box and her problem areas were on loving tile floor so that was all literally impossible.

Yeh, that guy never sent me any of the check he promised I was still receiving.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Rixatrix posted:

I make sure my dogs behave when I come in the door. With guests, I don't care. If they allow the dogs to jump on them that's their business.

That's not so much an animal sin as "don't be surprised when someone kicks your dog."

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

GabrielAisling posted:

I've a friend with an unruly god and it makes me laugh how much they try to keep him from jumping on me. I'm not gonna put up with that poo poo and will knock him down with my hands. I know he thinks it's a game, and he's smart enough he could be much better trained, but he's such a doofus I love indulging him.

Oh, as a game that's one thing. My friend's ex had a dog which was absolutely untrained and would jump on people to BITE them. She thought it was ~hilarious~ but if you slapped the dog back (like my friend would) she would FLIP THE gently caress OUT for you daring to hit the dog or even make a hitting motion at the untrained animal trying to bite you.

It only actually got me once and that was on my ankle, I never hit it because I have a really hard time being OK with that, but people will defend themselves from animals trying to inflict harm. I should have just gone to the doctor and then called animal control. gently caress that dog.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I still have all my pet's ashes as well. I have no idea where it would be appropriate to put them because they all lived in different areas.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Tim the Enchanter posted:

Bird was old as hell, he had some kind of seizure then went stiff and flopped off the couch. I figure his biting me was the last assholish act of a bird that knew his time was up rather than me having toxic blood.

I would have really hoped my blood was poison to birds. Birds kind of suck.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Superconsndar posted:

It's really blowing my mind because she's got like screaming dog rage for Frankie but her and Moses are like making out and poo poo and Moses has literally never once in his life interacted in a positive way with a dog that isn't Frankie. She REALLY HATES FRANKIE and it's the funniest thing that has like ever happened.

Video, I want to see dograge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Superconsndar posted:

Confession: I screwed up and swatted Griff on the butt and she's being a giant baby about it and I feel bad. I'd had to make her get off the bed about 15 times, had to get on to her for jumping at the rat cage a bunch of times, had to scold her for messing with the trash can in the kitchen a bunch of times (we'd grilled out and the foil we'd had some meat wrapped in was in there and she decided it was for her,)and just wasn't interested in anything I gave her to do to keep her busy and I was trying to get a bunch of stuff done and just, ugh. After she jumped on the bed and started rolling around on it for like the 50th time, she decided she was sick of me telling her to get down and just looked at me like "haha make me!!! :twisted:" and when I went to shove her off, she dug in and growled at me like a giant turd, and I was sick of her crap, and I kind of lost it at her for a second, screamed at her to get the gently caress down, and smacked her on the butt on her way down.

She stomped around the house growling to herself for like 15 minutes, started a fight with Moses over it, snapped at Frankie, and then refused to have anything to do with anyone for like the rest of the day. Any time I tried to make up with her she refused treats, and if I pet her she grumbled the whole time. Now she's back to acting like she ~doesn't know what I'm going to do~ and ~can't trust me~ and is all defensive and pissy and ugh.

I know it didn't hurt, it was a single open handed smack on the butt and I pat her harder than that when I'm just patting her, but we'd been doing so awesomely and she was getting to where I could do anything to her and she was starting to actually listen to me specifically because I've approached her growling and resource guarding with "All Treats All The Time," and now I've set us back days because was dumb and let her make me mad. :sigh:

Just, when I've told you to get off the bed a million times, don't GROWL at me about it when I finally get sick of you and dump you on the floor. I mean, really.

She is so ~wounded~ and ~betrayed~ now.

Times I remember I don't want a primitive breed: after reading about primitive breeds.

gently caress it I could deal with a Chow

edit: VVVV I will assume whatever I please :colbert:

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 18, 2013

• Locked thread