Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
I yelled at my cat last night, which I've never done before. :( I wasn't feeling well and was trying to take a nap on the couch when she decided to destroy something in the kitchen, which I ignored, but then she started meowing loudly and would not shut up. I mean, she's a tortie and normally I love her talkative ways but I just wanted her to be quiet and she wouldn't come sleep on the couch or curl up somewhere quietly like she usually does when I'm napping. When she started yowling and tearing up a plastic bag I yelled, really yelled, at her to just shut up already and she immediately stopped and stared at me, confused. I think she forgave me because she eventually came up and cuddled with me so we did end up napping for a while, but I still feel like poo poo about it. I'm sorry kitty, it's not your fault you wanted attention and I wanted to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

Mighty Amoeba posted:

I sometimes ignore my cats to watch silly videos I just took of them over and over, laughing like an idiot. "Go awaaaay, Valentine, I'm watching you play with your Da Bird."

I do this to Indy, too. "Not now, I'm too busy looking at the pictures of you I just posted on Facebook. Look how many likes you got!"

Cat: *just wants playtime, does not care about Facebook* :catstare:

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

Yesterday, Indy was acting kind out of character - she kept licking things. First it was the condensation on the window in the morning, then it was the bottom of the shower. I had to shoo her out of the bathroom sink in the evening. Finally as I was going to bed I had to stop her from drinking the water out of a dirty dish in the kitchen sink.

At which point I noticed her water bowl, still sitting in the drying rack from where I washed it the night before, and forgotten to refill it and put it back on the floor. Poor cat was just thirsty and I kept scolding her instead of taking the hint. :(

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

kaworu posted:

Aww, poor Indy-kitty :( But I wouldn't worry too much about it we all do these things now and then. I think everyone has gotten incredibly annoyed at their cat for acting really obnoxious at one time or another only to discovery they've inadvertently forgotten to feed them or water them or something... It just happens now and then!

Hah, Indy would never let me forget to feed her. At any rate I think I felt worse because after I put down her water bowl, she drank about half the bowl in one gulp and then gave me the nastiest stink-eye. Great way to rub in the guilt, cat. :rolleyes:

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

I don't do the whole "furbaby" thing, but my dad has started calling Indy his "grandcat". I've told my parents I don't plan on having kids, so I'm hoping this means he's come to accept that grandcats are the closest they're going to get to grandchildren from me.

Oh, and a confession: Lately Indy has been waking up around 6:30 (and since the time change, 5:30) and knocking stuff off of my bookshelf. I keep old schoolwork there, and she's been ripping up my class notes out of boredom. The papers aren't really important, but it wakes me up and she's persistent about it until I get up and pay attention to her. I live in a studio so I can't just lock her out of the room, so instead I've been getting up, locking her in the bathroom, and then going back to bed. She cries pitifully but I want my sleep, dammit.

On a related note, if anyone has suggestions on how to keep a cat from destroying your belongings when you're trying to sleep, I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

When I called home to tell my parents my plans for visiting for the holidays and mentioned I'd be bringing the cat with me, my dad was way more excited about that than the prospect of seeing me. And yes, Indy always gets presents for her birthday and holidays from my parents. But we've always done that for our pets; we're crazy pet people.

• Locked thread