Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
My dog was asleep and I put a laundry basket over him. He woke up and was terrified.

I broke him of his fear of the laundry basket by sitting him in it (while it was the right way up) and giving him a piece of cheese.

They're cool now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I reinforced my blue cattledog's thunder phobia instead of just ignoring him when he was freaking out, because he was so cute when he came to me for comfort snuggles.

When I have ice cream, my fox terrier gets to lick the bowl.

I walk a staffy for petty cash and she's been attacked by badly-trained lapdogs so many times that now she starts bristling as soon as she's confronted with anything fluffy that's smaller than a sheep. When some unleashed antisocial little poo poo tries to bite her and she attempts to murder it, I wait until its owner is out of sight and then I tell her that it's okay, I hate them too. It's probably reinforcing the behaviour but I don't care, we are kindred spirits.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I like labradoodles.

Actually, while I dislike designer breeds and a lot of registered breeds on principle, present me with an individual specimen and most of the time I just melt.

I... I gushed over a cockapoo. :negative:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
When my dog farts, I point at him accusingly and he rolls over in shame.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rufus En Fuego posted:

That's okay. Somehow along the way I started calling Beau "Baby Butt" and it has since morphed into Buttface, Button, and Senor Butt. I'm not even sure if he knows his real name at this point.

Vanya is Veevee, Veebug, Bun, Bugbug, Bit, Littlebutt, Littlebit, Babydog, Bean, Flash, and Roy. Honestly, if it's said in a bright and enthusiastic tone of voice, he'll answer to anything.

...I need help

Avshalom fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 15, 2013

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Last night, I had a dream that I went to adopt a dog. But on the way to the pound, I passed a pet shop, and then (???) and suddenly I was back at home with twenty puppies. I'd already made a thread on PI about the dog I was going to adopt and I had to lie about it frantically, but then someone did a surveillance of my house and started posting all these photos of me surrounded by puppies of indeterminate ancestry, and everyone was all "Avshalom, where did you get those puppies? Where is that dog you were going to adopt? What's going on?" and then there was a big investigation and I was uncovered as a fraud. I woke up feeling unreasonably distressed.

I have nightmares about being denounced by PI. That's my confession.

(It's not even the first one. I dreamt a few months ago that I bought a Newfoundland puppy from a backyard breeder and swore not to tell anyone, but then I took it to the beach and you were all there. And you could all tell it was a BYB puppy somehow, and you kept asking me about its hips and I kept trying to lie, and then I think it disintegrated or something and I woke up in a cold sweat.)

Avshalom fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 22, 2013

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

notsowelp posted:

I don't really have PI dreams any more because my emotional investment in this forum has waned slightly following like 8 years of reading and posting.

This is my PI confession. Sorry dudes.

I've only ever made like three posts on this forum, I have no idea why it's the one that haunts my dreams.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bomrek posted:

she will do that head-cock thing pretty much indefinitely
This is a perfectly good reason to do anything.

When my dog was a puppy, the thing that sent him into perpetual head-tilt mode was fake chicken noises. Various members of my family would randomly start going "a-bok bok bok PERCACK" to confuse and aggravate him. I feel it made him into the man he is today.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tasty_Crayon posted:

Um, he's pretty clearly trying to figure out if any of you have ever even heard a chicken before.

I've long since come to terms with the fact that my dog is smarter than I am.

My other dog's puppy pet peeve was having raspberries blown at him so of course we did it all the time. It just made him fly into a whirlwind of teeth and destruction, though, because cattledogs are like that.

Confession: Annoying my dogs is my #1 pleasure in life. :(

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I guess my dirty secret is that I don't mind being called Vanya's mum, and I think it's cute. :shobon: He's a strange little creature that came into my life through no fault of his own, I raised him from childhood to glorious maturity, and I try to give him guidance and support as he navigates the world and kills vermin. "Owner" seems a bit too impersonal, and the language doesn't really have an appropriate alternate word. I get where the rest of you are coming from, though.

I also make kissy noises at him frequently so maybe my judgement isn't the best.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"Hey you butt. Who's a butt? You're my fairy thing. You white creature, hey, you little brush-tailed white being, you're pointing your face at me. You miniature fox butt. You bun fairy."

Actual transcript of 100% of my conversations with my dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Writer Cath posted:

You woke me up every hour last night dog, I'm gonna do the same to you tonight. I feel no shame.

Just fatigue.
I love waking my dog up because he gets so indignant that he kind of just... short-circuits and lies there sneezing furiously. It's not even a real sneeze. It's a short sharp exhalation like he's trying to blow his nose. I don't even know why he does it but it's funny to listen to.

• Locked thread