Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
A few months ago I adopted a blind kitty, after carefully planning this for months. I put up netting on the windows so she wouldn't fall down, got nice metal food/water bowls for her so she wouldn't get cat acne, bought around 100 lbs of various good quality cat food, all that stuff, so this was hardly an impulse decision. The kitty was the sweetest little thing and we got along great! For example, she would gently wake me up in the morning by lying down on my pillow, softly purring till I opened my eyes.
At the same time, I was not doing so hot health-wise. My scrotum felt all wonky and my right testicle was hurting... and growing. I had this guttural feeling that something just ain't right and that I would end up being away from home for a long time. Since I'm living alone, nobody would be there to take care of the cat and keep her company - cats get bored and lonely, too. My neighbors could have fed her, but she would still be lonely, and being blind, this would have been gitmo-level torture for her.
The adoption contract I signed specifically said that I could return the kitty in case of an emergency, so I did just that. Went to the hospital on the following day, turned out it was testicular cancer and I got an emergency surgery, followed by several months of chemo.
Still I felt like I wronged the kitty somehow, so I donated all of my food and cat stuff to kind people who gave her to me, and later sponsored the kitty by buying her food and litter till she found a new loving home.
The whole thing was a big fiasco and I still feel dirty because of it. :( I'm sorry, Cordy, I'm so sorry. :(

e: grammar.

A SWEATY FATBEARD fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
The kitty spent only around one week at my place. I caused a total ruckus and a ton of work for people and unnecessary stress for the cat. All of this could have been avoided with better planning. :(

• Locked thread