Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
Sometimes, in Pet Island, it feels like we spend a lot of time yelling at other people for not being perfect pet owners. I thought it might be cleansing for us to have a thread in which we confess our own trangressions of the ridiculously high standards to which we hold other people.

I ran out of nice dog food a while ago and bought some allegedly 'Super Premium' (though actually pretty oily/grainy) food from the local feed warehouse as a 'one off'. Then I got lazy and kept buying it. This week I started stripping Dan's coat and oh my god it is greasy and gross!! Sorry dogs, I have now ordered two sacks of Taste of the Wild as penance :ohdear:.

Now you.

notsowelp fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

I was angrier at Mouse than I have ever been at the weekend. I had heated up some soup and put the container on the counter, went out of the room for a couple of minutes and when I came back she had pulled it down onto the floor and splattered carrot and sweet potato goop EVERYWHERE. The kitchen is carpeted too oh god :negative:. Anyway I managed not to totally lose my temper, but I was very disappointed with her conduct and sent her out of the room while I cleaned up. She kept poking a Sad Mouse Face around the door, and I kept telling her to go away you are a bad dog :mad:. We made up afterwards but jeez Mouse did it have to be *orange* soup...

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Pile of Kittens posted:

Also, OP, I don't know what you're talking about. I've been a moderator here for over a week and nobody's done anything even probate-worthy until today (though there was one close call, but being a little snide isn't really worth coming down on imo). You wouldn't believe the volume some forums get.

Eh, I'm just poking fun. (This is notsoape by the way). Pet Island is chill these days but some of us still remember 06-09 :colbert:. Self-righteous proselytising is definitely part of the PI heritage.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

blackflare posted:

What sort of monster would carpet a kitchen?

I. KNOW. RIGHT. To be fair to my landlady the cottage is 600 years old and the kitchen floor is stone and uneven, but even so. At least the carpet is very old carpet :eng99:.

Speaking of carpets, Mouse is house trained but also a frequent pee-er - if we get off schedule or I misread her I NEED TO PEE signals, there are sometimes accidents v:shobon:v

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Bash Ironfist posted:

wipe his butt after he poops

Wait wait wait do people actually do this :catstare:

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Dan turned into a humourless lump after we got him neutered. He went from being a personable, busy, well built little guy to a lazy, listless fatty. I still love him, but I miss my awesome dog and definitely regret the operation. If I have another boydog in the future I will always vasectomise if possible.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

What I don't get is people who on the one hand agree that neutering can reduce roaming/marking/humping/aggression/resource guarding, but on the other hand accuse people who say the dog's personality has changed for the worse of making things up :downs:.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Pew! Pew! posted:

reaching into their hammock/tube and shaking them while saying "Buttsbuttsbutts"

This is basically how I greet Superconsndar on AIM :3:

Mouse didn't get a walk today. Sorry dog, it is cold!!!

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

I understand the reasons why people in the usa have to keep their cats indoors, but I also suspect a fair number of those cats are miserable and frustrated (NB I DID NOT SAY ALL OF THEM OK DON'T ANECDATA AT ME). If I lived in a place where I couldn't let my cat outdoors, I personally wouldn't have a cat v :) v

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

cool

e. I'm pretty sure it was Sir Mixalot who first said "Anecdata? Don't want none!"

notsowelp fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 4, 2012

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Topoisomerase posted:

Guys they aren't confessions if they are the same sanctimonious PI opinions yall post in every other thread just keep that in mind. ;)

I was going to accuse you of backseat moderating my thread (:mad:!!!!!) but then I remembered~

When I was a teenager we had a pair of lovebirds and they reared several clutches of babies. We sold all of the offspring to a pet shop v:shobon:v

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Mouse has been having a couple of issues with separation anxiety since I moved her out to my place full time. She's always been used to living with A Dandy, so being alone is new and difficult for her. She's velcro-y at the best of times, and will scratch at doors if they're closed and I'm on the other side of them. Anyway, we've been working on poo poo and she's doing okay now. She howls when I leave, but when I get back she'll be curled up asleep in her crate. I'm curious how long she howls for, though, so will probably set up a webcam at some point next week. (ps Not only do I have neighbours on both sides, they are the landlady's son on one side and niece on the other! Aaaa!! But the walls are thick and no complaints yet, so.)

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Captain Foxy posted:

Get another adorable lurcher puppy, hth

:ohdear: don't tempt me.

More ~confessions~; as much as I love Mouse, I am beyond bummed that she's had these knee issues. I truly purchased her to be my ~sports dog~, and we were supposed to be building up to racing, lure coursing, agility/flyball and/or hunting this year. Right now she can't even do flirt pole or cycling (both of which she loved when she tried them briefly) because of her dumb knees and it blows. I'd organised rabbiting dates for the beginning of the season and everything. As I say, I love her and wouldn't be without her - but drat, I wish I had the awesome rabbiting and cycling buddy she was gearing up to be :(. Hopefully we'll be able to get poo poo fixed up, though, and she'll still have an active future ahead.

And just in case anyone is curious/ feeling judgey, the vet (who is the leading greyhound vet in the country!) still doesn't know whether the issue is hereditary, non-hereditary/congenital or trauma-related. The symptoms are pretty weird, and we're going to do an mri after Christmas to see exactly what's up. I asked the vet if she thought it would be most responsible to just go ahead and spay her now (in case the condition is hereditary), and she was like 'Hell naw, we're nowhere near that point yet :colbert:'. So yes, there is my overly defensive update on Mouse's health issues :v:.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

I judge people with show-type beagles so hard, and I don't give a poo poo :). We met some out walking today and all the while I was ~exchanging pleasantries~ with the owner, internally I was :smug:ing out about how ugly and fat and dull they were with their stupid big heads and 'bone' and ~wrinkled brows~ and glazed, docile expression. Every time somebody with a show beagle comes to see our (real :haw:) beagles out at country shows we will spend the rest of the day bitching about the dog because they are so big and gross and terrible. If someone offered me a choice between a show beagle and a hypoglycemic ~teacup~ maltipoo monstrosity, I would elect to own the maltipoo because show beagles are literally the worst dogs.

It's okay though, every time Dan and I pass someone with a Real Terrier I'm sure they judge me just as harshly~

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Charmmi posted:

There shouldn't be shame in the way we feel about things but rather the transgressions we actually commit so let's not take this thread in that direction again.

... but it's my thread :eng99:

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Superconsndar posted:

The hips don't lie.

shaking my head disapprovingly like yeah
judging your purchase of a byb puppy with dud hips like yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

I don't really have PI dreams any more because my emotional investment in this forum has waned quite a lot after like 8 years of reading and posting.

This is my PI confession. Sorry dudes.

notsowelp fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 22, 2013

• Locked thread