Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I think I bore and disappoint my cat. Sometimes she walks into the room, looks at me, then walks off. I imagine a sighing noise as she goes. I leave things around the house hoping she will get into them and be cute but she never does. I have a cat that doesn't like boxes, what's up with that?

Also she gets butt smacks. She loves them. Then I try to pick her up. She isn't a fan but makes a noise like a squeaky toy and comes right back for more petting so I keep doing it.

Oh, I also don't bother trimming her claws. She only shreds paper towel rolls and scratches on cardboard scrastches so as long as she isn't in danger of getting an ingrown claw I figure :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I let Sadie drink from the toilet.

She has a bunch of water bowls scattered around the apartment, which I change regularly, and a drinkwell fountain. But the water in the second bathroom toilet is apparently where it is at for my cat.

One day she is going to slip and fall in face-first and it is going to be absolutely hilarious.

Oh Yeah, and sometimes when I wash my hands and she is being pesty I use her for a towel.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 28, 2012

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trin Tragula posted:

I had exactly this confusion until I turned the box upside down, and within five minutes kitty was all OH HEY IT'S A BOX, MUST SIT ON IT ALL DAY ERRY DAY, WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT :catstare:

Sadie likes the strangest things sometimes. I tossed a towel I was spot-cleaning over an ikea footstool and OMG CAT FORT NO HUMANS ALLOWED :catstare:

It now has a blanket over it instead of a towel and also has a cat bed under there. It is her favorite spot during the day, so much so that I'm on the lookout for other similar footstools at thrift stores so that I can place one in my office too so she can hang out there if she wants.

I lean down and interrupt her relaxing all the time because she makes super cute mews when I do it.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sometimes when Sadie is grooming I poke or pet her in a spot she just finished with. She isn't a fan, which makes it awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StAslvlrtac
(she had just cleaned the other paw)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Kerfuffle posted:

If you figure out how to make this loving stop tell me because the one in my apartment does this too. It once went off because I used the toaster.

Ask your apartment management to replace the detector due to nuisance alarms. The sensitivity is clearly all jacked up on it and they would much rather replace it with a good one vs have you disconnect it out of frustration. If possible ask them to install a photoelectric type detector which are much less prone to false alarms from cooking.

The ones in my apartment like to go off when I'm baking or pan frying, but they have a button to quickly silence them. The real problem is the vent hood is of the "recirculating" type that just blows the air right back into the apartment. Whatever dumbass thought that design was a grand idea needs to be flogged.

• Locked thread