Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

I've not really been working on Sitka's guarding behaviour of me against men she doesn't know. Because honestly what she does is 1) kinda funny, 2) makes me feel safer about running with her at 5am when there are no damned lights on the bike path.

I am a terrible person because I think its hysterical when she body checks boy runners that get to close to me into trees. Serves them right anyway. She's on a short leash. If you are close enough that she can body check you then you are too damned close. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

paisleyfox posted:

On that note: I love dogs. I don't always love your dog. In fact, I'm kind of a breedist and can't stand needy dogs, rude dogs, ugly dogs, dogs with hair instead of fur, and greasy dogs.

I am the biggest dog racist. If it is is not a primitive breed I don't want it. If I can punt it then it is not a dog.

I actively loathe terriers.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

I love having a primitive breed. They think being bitchy is a contest and they are totally going to win it. Yelling does you a fat lot of good and just makes them smug because, lol, u mad!

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

adventure in the sandbox posted:

I grew up with an Akita can you tell? My obsession with using body language and posture with the dogs is from Seko's wise teachings I think.

I don't even really think about it any more than I think about reading someone else's body language. I just focus on keeping calm because blowing a gasket pretty much guarantees that she isn't going to listen to me because why the hell would she listen to someone who can't keep their cool? ~~Dog logic~~

Nione posted:

Also, GOD, all you people with dogs that have energy and aren't cripplingly old. gently caress that noise.

Counter point: cat boxes, cat vomit, cat hair balls.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Superconsndar posted:

So basically, I can't handle dogs with personalities similar to mine because we end up wanting to murder each other.

aahahahahahahahahahaahaha. aah hah.

Picking out dogs is like dating. You can't have one too close to your personality or you want to murder each other.

I can completely agree with this as everyone in my household is a pretty, pretty princess, up to and including my husband, and I spend most of my time being the calm, controlled one. Until I finally lose my temper and hole up in my office until I'm ready to deal with everyone, which makes Sitka bring me everything she can think of to make me happy because the human is broken. :(

Confession time: Since the blizzard last Thursday Sitka and I have not been running and it is making her lose her mind. My solution to this was not to go out and get yak-tracks or something, but to borrow my friend's dog and threw them both outside and made them run around until she fell asleep on her back with all four paws straight in the air.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Saint Darwin posted:

Times I remember I don't want a primitive breed: after reading about primitive breeds.

gently caress it I could deal with a Chow

edit: VVVV I will assume whatever I please :colbert:

aahahahahaha This pibble bullshit.

Primitive breeds will stick their noses up in the air and flounce like the prettiest of princess and ignore you until you ~~know your place~~.

Or cry like the biggest babies.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Avshalom posted:

I've only ever made like three posts on this forum, I have no idea why it's the one that haunts my dreams.

Probably because we are judge-y as gently caress and not shy about sharing our judgement. I think we're probably the most judgmental of all the forums except maybe EN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Pardalis posted:

I am a blatant dog racist, even within breeds I like, and I am unrepentant. I probably hate your dog and you by extension for totally arbitrary reasons and am not sorry. I blame PI.

I am the worst dog racist. When I'm running with my dog I don't let her stop to say high to small dogs because 1) there's too many of them and we'd never make any sort of decent time and 2) I don't trust their owners' not to be stupid. I think I might be okay with small dogs if it was possible for people to raise them to be something other than little shitlords but that never seems to happen. I have yet to meet a small dog that I didn't want to punt into a wall.

• Locked thread