Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rah
Mar 9, 2006
I have 2 kittens and almost every day I look on gumtree (like craigslist) at kittens. If I had the money to care for them properly, I'd probably end up being a hoarder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah
Mar 9, 2006

crowtribe posted:

Rah, why not foster and then the foster group pays all the vet bills etc, and you get kitty fun times?

I laugh and laugh and laugh when the younger cat races at the older one to try and pounce and pulls up at the last second and goes rear end over tit on the wood floor and looks ridiculous trying to right herself at high speed.

I think if I fostered some cats I'd become too attached and not want to give them up. I was actually really surprised just how quickly I bonded with my kittens when I got them. I can't imagine ever being without them now.. They're like my children. Maybe it's a bit unhealthy to become so attached to cats, but I can't have children of my own and so I guess they're like a substitute for it.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006
I think it's time for a real confession...

It's something that I feel very very guilty about to this day. When I was around 9/10 years old I had a pet hamster. I got it as a gift from my mum and I guess at the time I wasn't responsible enough to properly care for it. I'd leave it weeks without cleaning it's cage and sometimes forget to feed it and forget about it for days. Eventually it died which I think is probably from neglect. I feel so guilty about it and still can't forgive myself. I don't think I should have been given a hamster when I was so young, especially since my mum didn't really supervise to make sure it was being properly cared for.

I'm still really ashamed about it and I wish I could turn back time and make sure I cared for it properly. This is the first time I've admitted to it to anyone. I love animals so much and have two cats that I love more than anything and I make sure they're cared for as well as I possibly can. It really hurts me to think that an animal suffered because of me and I wish I could forgive myself.

• Locked thread