Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

You're the dude in Kuwait right? Hey if you're there when the PA guard retards show up look for a tall, skinny, awkward female E7 named Lars. Tell her Leanne says hi and he has eyes everywhere. Then run away.

Yes I know you probably won't see her or remember, or care, but it's a hilarious mental image for me, humor me.

wilco.

It depends on where they get distributed, but if the PA guard ONLY are relieving us then it's almost impossible for me not to see her at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nog
May 15, 2006

Every now and then, one of my Soldiers does something so mindblowingly stupid that I feel like stabbing them in the face. Sometimes, the poo poo they do is so stupid that I don't really know how we can possibly fight and win wars with guys like this on our side. Thanks to ISR though, I've come to discover an important fact: For every blithering idiot that pollutes our ranks, our enemy has blithering idiots in equal proportion.

Couple months back, I'm in the TOC standing around trying to get information on some developing crisis while my platoon spins up. Some jerkoff insurgent is out on route obviously burying something in the middle of the night, but they don't feel confident enough to just drop a Hellfire on him, so they want us to roll out there, blow up this crap, and detain the dude. While I'm still waiting around trying to get a good grid for where exactly this is all taking place, the dude finishes emplacing and begins to walk off; it looks as though he will probably get away. Then, inexplicably, he turns around, walks back to where he buried the pressure plate, and begins jumping on it. Just like you'd imagine, he blows up.

To this day, neither myself or anyone else who was watching that feed can come up with a reason why he did that. The best we can guess is that he went back to see if his pressure plate was working or something. No matter how stupid any of my guys might be, at least they're not that dumb (I hope).

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

It's called R&S now pls keep up with doctrine tia

:mil101::respek::chord:

But for real that's a great story, and the INS do indeed have some stupid loving morons in their ranks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My FOB was on the border between Iraq and Syria. We had, on the side of the 12 foot high concrete barriers, printed in a huge variety of languages "US INSTALLATION DO NOT BLOCK GATE <--100 meters-->". We printed that poo poo in English, Arabic, Kurdish, Turkish, French, German and Farsi. In bright orange marine-grade spraypaint. It's impossible to miss, because the letters are absolutely huge and readable at 200+ feet away.

So naturally, one day some important business type dude parks his brand-loving-new, still has plastic on the back seats Mercedes about 20 feet away from the gate. He gets out, ignores the gigantic fuckoff signs and walks over the border into Syria.

We ask around if anyone knows this dude. Nobody does. We don't have any method of towing him. So the guards takes the Abrams we're using as a gate and baha that mother flat. Then we use an ACE and push it into the nearby wadi.

Dude comes back two days later asking where his car went, the villagers explain what happened, and he comes to us to complain. The dude speaks perfect English. He says he thought the signs were to keep criminals away, and him being a respectable businessman did not have to worry.

We booted him out without a claims card.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

ripped0ff posted:

Every now and then, one of my Soldiers does something so mindblowingly stupid that I feel like stabbing them in the face. Sometimes, the poo poo they do is so stupid that I don't really know how we can possibly fight and win wars with guys like this on our side. Thanks to ISR though, I've come to discover an important fact: For every blithering idiot that pollutes our ranks, our enemy has blithering idiots in equal proportion.

Couple months back, I'm in the TOC standing around trying to get information on some developing crisis while my platoon spins up. Some jerkoff insurgent is out on route obviously burying something in the middle of the night, but they don't feel confident enough to just drop a Hellfire on him, so they want us to roll out there, blow up this crap, and detain the dude. While I'm still waiting around trying to get a good grid for where exactly this is all taking place, the dude finishes emplacing and begins to walk off; it looks as though he will probably get away. Then, inexplicably, he turns around, walks back to where he buried the pressure plate, and begins jumping on it. Just like you'd imagine, he blows up.

To this day, neither myself or anyone else who was watching that feed can come up with a reason why he did that. The best we can guess is that he went back to see if his pressure plate was working or something. No matter how stupid any of my guys might be, at least they're not that dumb (I hope).

I once watched an insurgent live on ISR fall off a cliff while taking a piss. He died.

I complain to my civilian friends about how dumb the Army is all the time. They all ask me "How the gently caress did we ever win a war?" I always tell them that stupidity is common to every nation, their Army is just as stupid. We just have fancier toys and a bigger budget.

Speaking of budget, countless time I've:
Fired multi million dollar ATACMS to blow up what was obviously nothing.

Watched all sorts of military vehicles crash horribly, completely destroying them, due to sheer incompetence.

Seen at least three people just run over their M4s/machine guns.

Seen a guy cycle about 5 friends through his rifle at a clearing barrel because he didn't drop the mag. He didn't just shoot the barrel, thank god, but kept racking the charging handle and looking perplexed as rounds kept popping out.

I'm not innocent from idiocy though. I once knocked a fence over on a FOB because I got out of a humvee. It was in reverse. I didn't set the brake. :ughh:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Here's a guy I've mentioned, and hold up as proof that the AF evaluation and promotion system is horrifically flawed.

HP (for the AWACS people who lurk-and I know one of you, this is not the awesome Canadian HP) is a nice guy. But he's weird, makes odd jokes that are occasionally worth a chuckle, and loving KNOWS how to work the system. He's done well for himself by sitting at a desk and letting people make him look good...and I'm not sure why he's willing to do that at home station because while deployed he fucks everything up because he can't stop trying to help.

We were deployed to the desert. He was one of the sensor guys on the crew (AWACS), who actually deals with hardware and software startup and operation. A very checklist-oriented job, as one misstep can end a mission immediately, and possibly cause damage to the radar (and an AWACS without a radar just becomes the world's worst airliner). There are a lot of items aircrew are required to carry on a flight...in addition to the checklists/other documents, you need the flight jacket, reflective belt, headset, flashlight, nomex gloves, glasses if you wear them, etc. We lump it all together as "progear" and it is required by regulations. Well, HP had his progear in a locker and lost the key. Now there were people he could have borrowed from, no questions asked...it's really not a big deal. There are at least 6 other people with identical checklists, and two of them work in that building every day. But he decided to hide it. He went to life support and checked out a spare headset and stepped to the jet.

During takeoff gloves are required (gay). It was noticed that he wasn't wearing his, but sometimes more senior crewmembers will do it and nobody will call them out. But when he started doing the radar power-up/set-up without his checklist, that's a huge problem. It's reported to the boss on the jet, at which point the plot is discovered, and he spends the remainder of the next 13+ hours in the back of the jet doing nothing (there was a mission planner on board qualified to do the job, fortunately). Kind of a long story, sorry. But the end result is that because he displayed grossly poor judgement, a lack of aircrew discipline, and violated like 4 AFIs, the commander pulled his qualification.

After a few weeks and completing a training plan, he got his qual back. Fast forward a year. We're back home, and it's time for HP's annual checkride. Which he fails. Which he was guaranteed to fail from the beginning, and if his evaluator had been more proactive, he would have failed before they even stepped to the jet. See, HP had an assignment at Tinker, then somewhere else, then back to Tinker. All of his checklists and aircrew aids were last updated on his PREVIOUS tour at Tinker. He'd been there for two years and never updated it (updates are released several times per year), nor did he backtrack for the time he was gone. BAM. Loses his qual, rinse, repeat.

A few months later, we deploy again, this time to not-desert. We're both captains, but he's 2 years my senior and runs the deployment shop back home...something like 25 people, and his office is staffed with GOOD folks that keep the operation moving because he doesn't interject himself. By now squadron leadership has realized he's a moron, and now he works for me in the mission planning cell. He and I are the only ABMs (ie, the only mission-people in there), so I take on all the actual planning, and tell him to build the office schedule, figuring out when we swap with our crew-equivalents so we keep our currency, etc. He fucks it up beyond belief. We get tasked to build a different type of mission profile that involves foreign countries so it's more complicated...I let him run with it while I do my own version. We use mine. Some E-2 are operating in the area, so since he's the sensor/datalink operator, I put him in charge of setting up some datalink work (L16 specifically, which is a loving piece of cake). In 3 weeks, he fails to get a single good link. I could've taken that away from him too, but I wanted him to have at least one failure to show for his efforts. We later got tasked to build an over-the-top worst-case deployment scenario for HHQ...he kept trying to nose in, but there wasn't a chance in hell. He couldn't be trusted with anything more important than listening to the SATCOMs and taking notes for maintenance (that environment is hell on aircraft).

During this deployment, HP got the good news...the wing commander gave him a Definite Promote to major, basically guaranteeing him a promotion on his first look. How the gently caress does a guy who lost his primary duty qualification TWICE in a year get a DP? Simple: that doesn't show up on the OPR (performance report). He looks AMAZING on paper. He will probably be an O-5 in a couple of years, but probably no higher than Director of Operations in a sq, where he'll demonstrate his incompetence and end his career, and probably ruin a squadron in the process.

Edit: These things may not sound like a big deal, but I'll put it this way: in seven years of flying, I only know two people who had a commander pull their qual, SC and HP. In any given year, maybe 2 non-training people would fail a checkride. HP did this too, on the next one after his qual was pulled the first time. Two of the rarest things to occur in a line squadron, and he pulled them both.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I once scraped the side of a very angry CWO4's humvee with mine because I was getting mail for the unit by myself, and I misjudged how much space I had to make a sharp turn in the parking area.

The CWO4 was in the vehicle at the time. He was not pleased.

---------

Being an Engineer on the Iraq/Syria border means a lot of border construction. We had a huge, huge AO and we were responsible for building a 15 foot berm between Iraq/Syria to prevent smugglers, allegedly. Since being inside dozers and ACEs in 120 degree heat is an excuse to have heat casualties, most of the work we would do was at dusk into the night.

So we're out building a berm at a new site at like 0200 and something isn't right. The paper maps had us right were we were supposed to be. The FBCB2 had us about a mile on the wrong side of the border. My XO, believing himself to be the second coming of Patton himself, said that we were fine and to continue on mission. This was his project, after all.

About 0230 rolls around and my gunner says

'uh...SGT Vasudus, a BMP is the wheeled ruskie APC right?'
'...no, why?'
'so what's wheeled with a 50 on it?'
'...that's a BRDM...are you studying for the board or something?'
'see those lights way out to the west? like 50 of those BRDM things are coming right for us'

Welp.

I immediately hop up there and look down the nightvision scope to see what the christ he was talking about. Sure as poo poo, there was a huge fuckoff wheeled and light track force heading for us at high speed. At least two whole company+ sized elements.

I tell my XO that we're on the wrong side of the border and the Syrians aren't very happy about it. He says they're wrong and we'll be fine, and he's gonna call in some air support to scare them off. He relays his coordinates and my TOC informs him that the FBCB2 is correct.

XO comes screaming over the radio 'PACK YOUR poo poo! PACK YOUR poo poo! WE'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BORDER'

So we quickly left this half finished berm project and immediately left the area back to Iraq.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
:stonk: Jesus christ Vasudus, that could have ended BAD!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vas invaded Syria. He really is the best mod.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Please tell me he got relieved for that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

AB posted:

Hahahahaha gently caress no. We were so outnumbered, overtasked and undermanned he could have murdered someone in public and still have command. My unit had an AO about the size of two or three battalions, plus a city and a border checkpoint. Days were long.

My XO was the absolute worst and it was my entire responsibility to be his babysitter. Literally, that's what my primary job was when I was outside the wire; I was his PSD. My job wouldn't even require me to be outside the wire most of the time if it wasn't for the fact that my XO wanted to religiously go out to get combat experience.

He was some sort of West Point superstar, a fourth generation officer from a long line of colonels who never got that star. Except he was just a cocky poo poo without any real skills and loved to claim credit for the 20+ hours I put into the job every day.

My XO trusted me explicitly, and ran absolutely everything that required judgment and reasoning by me, because the other officers hated him and he couldn't look like an idiot in front of anyone else. So being attached at the hip to him, means that I was involved in just about every aspect of my company's operations. I mean, 90% of the time he already made up his mind on things and ran it by me to confirm, I'm not saying I was like the god of the company or anything. But I was privy to way, way more information than the job would normally entail.

He liked to wrestle people and ended up breaking my best friend's leg doing so. Thankfully, he was just my TOC runner so aside from not being able to actually run, he was able to do his job just fine. He tried to wrestle me one day and I "accidentally" elbowed him in the jimmies so hard he threw up. Since I was his golden boy he believed me when I said it was an accident.

I kept every single incident of misconduct and malfeasance in my leaders book, in the event that he ever tried to throw me under the bus. I told him this about 9 months in to the tour and it absolutely terrified him, and gave me some serious bargaining power if I ever needed it.

Due to how things ended up, he was my first line supervisor most of the time and did write up some bitching NCOERs. So that was nice.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

AB posted:

Promotion for meritoriously standing fast in the face of imminent threat and an orderly retreat when ordered to do so.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
My worse story (though not not nearly as bad as accidentally invading Syria), involves a motivated Staff Sergeant. A Staff Sergeant so motivated, he decided to say "gently caress the police" and leave his trusty M4 inside the wire when he went on a convoy.

Now, at this point, I'm sure a lot of you are probably thinking, "wtf," but it actually gets worse. This convoy was not just any convoy. Oh no, this convoy was the LAST convoy for our company out of Camp Dwyer. Our company was literally leaving Camp Dwyer for the remainder of our deployment. As in, no one was left in our company lot. He left his M4 sitting in the now abandoned company headquarters at Camp Dwyer. He didn't realize this until half way to Leatherneck, where the convoy was stopped in the middle of the desert so him and various other SNCOs could BFT each other in an effort to avoid using comm and letting every other swinging dick (aka junior Marines) what was going down.

His M4 ended up taking a seat on a C130 or some poo poo up to Leatherneck so he could get his rifle back. Now, I'm sure you are all wondering what sort of punishment he got for being so stupid/literally wasting a ton of government cash to get his rifle back was. Nope, not a NJP, no court martial ofc. A loving 6105. A slightly-harder-than-a-page-11 slap on the wrist.

I can only imagine what would have happened to anyone E-5 or below.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

USMC503 posted:

dumbass staff sergeant

Christ, that reminds me. I was provisional security(pogues that go outside the wire!), and we used to have this staff sergeant with us before he got moved to regular Motor T prior to the deployment. He seemed pretty straight, everyone liked him and got along with him. However, a couple months before we were going home, he misplaces his M9, which leads to Leatherneck getting locked down for a while, iirc. Nothing happens to him, and I don't think it was ever found. Turns out the story was he fell asleep in his office, woke up, and it was gone. Who the hell knows what the truth is.

However... not long after that, he got busted huffing canned air. All that happens is he gets busted back to sergeant and he gets an early ride home.

StabbyRipStabStab
Nov 4, 2009

I got the internet going nuts.

Admiral Bosch posted:

Christ, that reminds me. I was provisional security(pogues that go outside the wire!), and we used to have this staff sergeant with us before he got moved to regular Motor T prior to the deployment. He seemed pretty straight, everyone liked him and got along with him. However, a couple months before we were going home, he misplaces his M9, which leads to Leatherneck getting locked down for a while, iirc. Nothing happens to him, and I don't think it was ever found. Turns out the story was he fell asleep in his office, woke up, and it was gone. Who the hell knows what the truth is.

However... not long after that, he got busted huffing canned air. All that happens is he gets busted back to sergeant and he gets an early ride home.

Considering that you have to get busted by a general court martial convening authority as a SNCO, I'm betting more than that happened when he got home.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

StabbyRipStabStab posted:

Considering that you have to get busted by a general court martial convening authority as a SNCO, I'm betting more than that happened when he got home.

Probably. He was from a different reserve station than me, so I never heard anything else.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

I'm not innocent from idiocy though. I once knocked a fence over on a FOB because I got out of a humvee. It was in reverse. I didn't set the brake. :ughh:

This reminds me, here's another Ammo and vehicles story. There was an intrepid (although not very intelligent) airman who apparently took vehicle checkout procedures very seriously. He was checking out a bobtail (basically a chopped off pickup truck that is geared really low that the AF uses for towing poo poo like munitions trailers, power carts, other pieces of AGE/GSE, etc), but didn't have anybody with him. Since the checkout procedures require you to verify that the reverse lights (which only come on when the vehicle is shifted into reverse) work, and since as I said he took vehicle checkout procedures very seriously, he came up with the brilliant idea to chock the vehicle, put the vehicle in reverse, and then walk behind the bobtail to verify that the lights were functioning.

The bobtail jumped the chocks and ran him over.

He lived, but IIRC he had some pretty hosed up ribs and a few other fairly serious injuries

Godholio posted:

During this deployment, HP got the good news...the wing commander gave him a Definite Promote to major, basically guaranteeing him a promotion on his first look. How the gently caress does a guy who lost his primary duty qualification TWICE in a year get a DP? Simple: that doesn't show up on the OPR (performance report). He looks AMAZING on paper. He will probably be an O-5 in a couple of years, but probably no higher than Director of Operations in a sq, where he'll demonstrate his incompetence and end his career, and probably ruin a squadron in the process.

Man, your leadership hosed up on that one. I know everyone always complains that "everyone looks good on paper, OPRs are a joke, blah blah blah" but there are ways, both on paper and through less formal channels, to send the message that even if someone looks good on paper they shouldn't get things like a DP. Either your WG/CC/the people he has working for him doing DPs is an idiot (possible, given that this is Tinker/AWACS we're talking about), your squadron leadership are idiots and didn't think to try and send that message, they intentionally didn't send that message because they wanted HP to get promoted, or any combination of the above.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The problem was definitely at the wing...the squadron was well aware of this guy's special abilities. He made a name for himself as the RA for a while before all this too...this is why I got the cell chief job instead of him. He also got a sweet USAFE gig after only 2 years back at Tinker. That's right! I think he got his assignment in the next cycle after that deployment.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

iyaayas01 posted:

The bobtail jumped the chocks and ran him over.

If this dipshit was so high speed about vehicles why did he abandon a running vehicle in gear? I wouldn't do that in my own personal car for christs sake, gently caress a regulation that's just common sense.

e: i guess I don't mean I want an explanation or something but what did he say about it?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

If this dipshit was so high speed about vehicles why did he abandon a running vehicle in gear? I wouldn't do that in my own personal car for christs sake, gently caress a regulation that's just common sense.

e: i guess I don't mean I want an explanation or something but what did he say about it?

I was mostly being sarcastic with the taking it really seriously...although you'd have to want to be pretty drat thorough about checking a vehicle out to do that, common sense be damned. And I don't know what the kid said after the fact because it happened at Eielson a little while before I got to Elmendorf, so I heard it third hand...but I heard it from like 5 different people and a guy I knew who was up there when it happened later confirmed it to me, so it definitely happened and isn't some urban legend.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
We had a guy (while external rover) fall down a ladder, land on his M16, and split his nutsack open. The mechanics of all of this I'm not sure of. After he got off of convalescent leave, he was back to being external rover because he was one of the few people qualified for it.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I was a fresh faced E4 flying out to meet my boat in Gibraltar. I caught up with some people I knew from school and decided to go out drinking with them. Before we got to the bar we had to take a detour to a tattoo shop. I know how long tattoos take so I got kind of pissed and asked why the gently caress we had to wait on the guy. He wasn't there for a tattoo.

He was getting his dick pierced.

So we go drinking and it's a good time. Turns out I have a hotel room with two beds all to myself so people wanna crash there instead of going back and sleeping on the boat. I wanted to be the cool new guy so I said sure. Wakeup call rang at 4am so we had time to make it to the boat and I notice dick-pierce is lying face down halfway in the bathroom. I nudged him with my foot to wake him up and he rolls over, revealing a massive blood stain on his crotch. Turns out getting a major organ pierced and then drinking stuff that thins your blood will do that.

This dude was so nasty, too. He slept in the rack above me and one day I woke up and thought I poo poo myself while sleeping. It was just him standing there digging around in his rack. I thought I was going to suffocate it was so awful.

Dude ended up getting the HIV from a hooker in some other port and got stuck on shore duty for a bit. He met up with some other chick with HIV and they got married. Then it turns out she didn't have it and left him or something I don't even know :wtc:

Edit: Oh poo poo, just thought of another.

Here at the A school I teach we give students laptops to take home so they can do homework. This one genius thought it would be a good idea to skip class on a Friday, pawn his laptop, go to New Orleans, and get busted by the cops for soliciting hookers and possession of cocaine and weed. I think he was an Air Force E-6.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 5, 2012

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES
Story time!

SSG: Woah! Where did that water buffalo go?!
Me: The LMTV took it to get refilled.
SSG: Who took it?
Me: Our Supply SSG.
SSG: Do they have comms?
Me: They should, but it's LOS.
SSG: YOU NEED TO MAKE THEM TURN AROUND.
Me: What?
SSG: THERE IS SOMETHING ON THAT WATER BUFFALO THAT SHOULD NOT BE ON THAT WATER BUFFALO.

Turns out he left his weapon on the water buffalo, the water buffalo SPd, and took his weapon with it. Good poo poo. NTC is fun!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Nillerz posted:

Story time!

SSG: Woah! Where did that water buffalo go?!
Me: The LMTV took it to get refilled.
SSG: Who took it?
Me: Our Supply SSG.
SSG: Do they have comms?
Me: They should, but it's LOS.
SSG: YOU NEED TO MAKE THEM TURN AROUND.
Me: What?
SSG: THERE IS SOMETHING ON THAT WATER BUFFALO THAT SHOULD NOT BE ON THAT WATER BUFFALO.

Turns out he left his weapon on the water buffalo, the water buffalo SPd, and took his weapon with it. Good poo poo. NTC is fun!

My guard unit's old 1SG took a water buffalo onto I-80 behind an LMTV. He left the brakes on the buffalo and they were stuck on the side of the highway for like 12 hours.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My guard unit's old 1SG took a water buffalo onto I-80 behind an LMTV. He left the brakes on the buffalo and they were stuck on the side of the highway for like 12 hours.

:cawg:

How do you even do that?

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
Man, I wish I had one decent story.

All we get is foreign cadets burying their rifles on Dartmoor.

"It is alright Sergeant. I buy new rifle when we get back".

Though one of them did manage to not get up until the bootie sergeant came to find them. Give the lad credit, he managed to stay in his sleeping bag whilst it was being lifted vertically until the mouth was a good few feet off the ground. Then he fell out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why do they bury their rifles?

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
Means they don't have to carry them for the remainder of the exercise

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Orange Someone posted:

Means they don't have to carry them for the remainder of the exercise

:wtc: They can't even sling their weapons on their backs like other lazy soldiers? What nationalities are these people that it's acceptable for them to purposely lose a weapon and just be "My bad, let me pay for a replacement."?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

probably a country that uses AKs.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
e: Don't wanna get probied :'( hehe <3

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 6, 2012

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
One time at Benning, someone incorrectly hooked up a water buffalo to an LMTV and it went flying off the road into a tree next to Victory Pond. The runaway water buffalo inflicted serious damage upon the tree without any regards to its own safety and at great risk to itself. Its service is a credit upon this nation and the United States Army.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Reverand maynard posted:

probably a country that uses AKs.

Also possibly from a Middle Eastern Gulf state...that whole "gently caress it, it's just money and I've got a shitload of that" mentality just smacks of an officer from the UAE or Saudi or somewhere similar.

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

Lets page way back in history to when the United States most recently decided to invade the nation of Haiti. To do so it embarked and entire brigade of light infantry with their aviation assets onto the USS Eisenhower. Of course, there was no time to give the Army folks any sort of training on naval customs or courtesy or most importantly, rank structure.

Cue the following discussion in the CVIC between a newly promoted Army Sergeant and a navy gentleman in khakis.

Army: *fidgeting with copier* WTF is wrong with this loving thing?!?
Navy: Having a problem there son? *slurps coffee from a tub size cup*
Army: Son? And just who the gently caress are you calling son there slim?
Navy: Ha! Who do you think you are son?
Army: A guy that is about to tell your fat rear end to fix this loving device so I can prepare for my brief.
Navy: *grabs anchor-thingy on his collar* Do you know what this is?!
Army: Does it qualify you to unfuck this piece of poo poo copier?

What followed was an Army S-2 grabbing his NCO by the scruff of the neck and saying "Do you have any idea the depth of poo poo you are in?!" and an hour of joint diplomacy.

The idiot is me.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

iyaayas01 posted:

Also possibly from a Middle Eastern Gulf state...that whole "gently caress it, it's just money and I've got a shitload of that" mentality just smacks of an officer from the UAE or Saudi or somewhere similar.

Has anyone else here had the extreme misfortune of working with Saudi or other Persian Gulf military officers? Biggest shitbags ever. I totally believe them doing poo poo like burying weapons and so on. At the MCCC in Benning we had a few Saudis and none of them did a drat thing during Battalion Week when everyone works together as a staff. gently caress those guys. :jihad:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

SentSix posted:

Lets page way back in history to when the United States most recently decided to invade the nation of Haiti. To do so it embarked and entire brigade of light infantry with their aviation assets onto the USS Eisenhower. Of course, there was no time to give the Army folks any sort of training on naval customs or courtesy or most importantly, rank structure.

Cue the following discussion in the CVIC between a newly promoted Army Sergeant and a navy gentleman in khakis.

Army: *fidgeting with copier* WTF is wrong with this loving thing?!?
Navy: Having a problem there son? *slurps coffee from a tub size cup*
Army: Son? And just who the gently caress are you calling son there slim?
Navy: Ha! Who do you think you are son?
Army: A guy that is about to tell your fat rear end to fix this loving device so I can prepare for my brief.
Navy: *grabs anchor-thingy on his collar* Do you know what this is?!
Army: Does it qualify you to unfuck this piece of poo poo copier?

What followed was an Army S-2 grabbing his NCO by the scruff of the neck and saying "Do you have any idea the depth of poo poo you are in?!" and an hour of joint diplomacy.

The idiot is me.

In an emote: :chiefsay:

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

SquirrelyPSU posted:

In an emote: :chiefsay:

In all fairness, he turned out to be a pretty cool guy and helped us out tremendously over the next few days. That said, I did have to grovel like a bitch for a good 15 minutes. Navy SNCO's are a motherfucker.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

SentSix posted:

In all fairness, he turned out to be a pretty cool guy and helped us out tremendously over the next few days. That said, I did have to grovel like a bitch for a good 15 minutes. Navy SNCO's are a motherfucker.

That emote was created not because the majority of Navy SNCO's are cool dudes that do good work and are worthy of your respect. Your interaction represents .1% of the active E7-E9 community.

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

SquirrelyPSU posted:

That emote was created not because the majority of Navy SNCO's are cool dudes that do good work and are worthy of your respect. Your interaction represents .1% of the active E7-E9 community.

After it was obvious it was a permissive entry the Navy flew FUCKTONS of gallons of ice cream off the Eisenhower into Port-au-Prince. Sure, that poo poo melted within minutes of landing, but my god I will always profess my love for the blue water crew.

I don't care if your SNCO's are as bad as ours. Your team gave me ice cream when I was hot so I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Martello posted:

Has anyone else here had the extreme misfortune of working with Saudi or other Persian Gulf military officers? Biggest shitbags ever. I totally believe them doing poo poo like burying weapons and so on. At the MCCC in Benning we had a few Saudis and none of them did a drat thing during Battalion Week when everyone works together as a staff. gently caress those guys. :jihad:

The guy I went to tech school with from the UAE wasn't a shitbag really, he was actually pretty cool...he just had no conception of money. At all. He rented a BMW SUV the entire two months he was there out of pocket (apparently he also had a BMW SUV for the couple of months prior to that when he was attending another course), and then he got our instructor a $500 watch as a going away/end of class gift like it was nothing. Incidentally the instructor was fairly certain he couldn't accept the watch since that violates the DoD Instruction on foreign gifts by about like $480, but then he was like I'm retiring in 6 months, I don't give a gently caress.

I've heard that before about the Saudis specifically, though, as far as being lazy shitbags.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 6, 2012