Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I think that closing this thread would only treat the symptom. I vote leaving the thread open and banning all the posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

RVWinkle posted:

I think that closing this thread would only treat the symptom. I vote leaving the thread open and banning all the posters.

:hmmyes: Strong, and fair. Just like Barkley 2.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

the thread should stay open until they release uc berkley's study up and cram gaiden, the hit new mathventure from tales of game's

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

keep the thread open until forum technology becomes so advanced that the thread becomes sentient and finishes Barkley 2 for us

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Guy A. Person posted:

keep the thread open until forum technology becomes so advanced that the thread becomes sentient and finishes Barkley 2 for us
That happened once

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm no longer under the spell of angry sports brain and I still want this thread closed

There's no point, there's nothing. Jokes can still be made about it without a thread existing, it's ok. Let it go.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I'm no longer under the spell of angry sports brain and I still want this thread closed

There's no point, there's nothing. Jokes can still be made about it without a thread existing, it's ok. Let it go.

I will NEVER let it go

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Who died and made you the king of b-ball

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Shinjobi posted:

You can just leave and pretend the thread doesn't exist if it bugs you so much. Permit the rest of us this sanctuary.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Shinjobi posted:

come on. i dare you to unbookmark this thread

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll leave, but I promise to return the very second the thread is funny again

The promise has been made anew

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Alright now that that poo poo is gone, does anybody have any advice on the Space Gump fight? The chocolate bullet pattern is way too tough since it’s unpredictable and I can’t heal through it thanks to picking the poison Necrohall Ecto-Cooler option.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I wonder if the gun's system was patentable

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I really do want a basketball rpg.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
$120,335

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Brak

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Shinjobi posted:

Close the fuckin thread

Vipershark
Nov 13, 2010
in all seriousness if i won the lottery i'd try to bribe the original ToG people to finish the game

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Just slap something together in RPG Maker using predictive text from every ToG forum post as the story.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Football? Did you say football?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

No

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The top 10 juiced up coaches AND the top 10 juiced up players

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gotta bulk up for the big game. You'll get a QB sack if you bulk up for the big game.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
https://twitter.com/DesigningFilm/status/1767236259272183868?s=20

can't wait for the next barkley episode to come out

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
how is this thread still open

Shinjobi posted:

Close the fuckin thread

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

mdct posted:

Still waiting on the final episode.
Also the concept art is cool.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is Barkley 2 out yet? If not then keep it open

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Uncle Wemus posted:

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The promise has been made.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

eventually, there will be a barkley two. it won't be called barkley two. it might not even have a barkley. but it will carry on the spirit. hopefully without the same pitfalls.
anyways

berkley

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

mdct posted:

gently caress off

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
When Barkley 2 reaches 1.0 and the gold discs are pressed, then perhaps we can close this thread in favour of another, but until then, it must stay open.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Chas McGill posted:

When Barkley 2 reaches 1.0 and the gold discs are pressed, then perhaps we can close this thread in favour of another, but until then, it must stay open.

yeah waiting until release to start a new thread is pretty standard practice

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Been saying this

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The kickstarter still says its coming out and I beleive

Everything else is unofficial hearsay

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that goons will desperately cling to literally over-a-decade-old jokes at this point and think they're still funny and perpetuate them in a thread that by all means should have died when every single person of the original dev team chimed in and said "this poo poo isn't happening". When we got the full story about why Barkley 2 is dead as gently caress and never going to come out, y'all will still cling to it. I wanted to see this thread closed because that's the only thing that'd give full closure about this project, collectively, and everyone can move on and find new Joke's to enjoy. There are no True Doom Murderheads left on this earth and that's just something everyone has to accept.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

mdct posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that goons will desperately cling to literally over-a-decade-old jokes at this point and think they're still funny and perpetuate them in a thread that by all means should have died when every single person of the original dev team chimed in and said "this poo poo isn't happening". When we got the full story about why Barkley 2 is dead as gently caress and never going to come out, y'all will still cling to it. I wanted to see this thread closed because that's the only thing that'd give full closure about this project, collectively, and everyone can move on and find new Joke's to enjoy. There are no True Doom Murderheads left on this earth and that's just something everyone has to accept.

demo is out for backers

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

mdct posted:

idk about you but I read and enjoy multiple threads containing many joke's both new and old

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Right after the next Neophyte release, fans have been waiting since 1999 and more importantly someone in the thread asked me to do it, so it's technically a barkley project now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

mdct posted:

I don't think any of us seriously expect Barkley 2 to come out at this point.
But a plaintive hope, perhaps that someone else might come along with a (finished, released, playable) game that hits folks ideas of a barkley 2 still lingers.
And over the years, I think there have been a few contenders. games that hit some of the same vibes while being their own thing. new jokes, new ideas.
(which given how long its been might be for the best?)
hm.
guess what I'm getting at is while there won't be a literal Barkley 2 Chuchulains revenge realms of tirnanog etc, folks can and will still hope for something to fill that space.
when that has faded, either because something reasonably satisfactory has come along or nobody is left that even remotely cares, then the thread is over.
in the meanwhile...

borkely