Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I've never met a tsundere pillow I couldn't handle. My body is ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Radiant AI would be great as one one of the stretch goals, I want to light a dog on fire in at least one game released this decade.

Donated, you rock, and thanks for making Shut up & Jam gaiden.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe
Gave $25 to this. Never played the first game but I will tonight.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Rakthar posted:

Radiant AI would be great as one one of the stretch goals, I want to light a dog on fire in at least one game released this decade.

Donated, you rock, and thanks for making Shut up & Jam gaiden.

best stretch goal would be officially licensing Space Jam.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Are there plans for an eventual mac port? As long as the intention is there I will gladly throw in my money.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Just surpassed 20k :)

Y'all are gonna get funded and then some, quite deservedly. Cheers from an old GW member, looking forward to the finished product.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Stretch goal: Will get back to work on Dilby + Dilby twitter + bald coworker twitter.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

I'm so goddamn excited about this. It seriously made my month.

You guys are the best, and I can't wait for the finished product. Donated.

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.
I just donated $300 to be a part of art history.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Cityinthesea posted:

best stretch goal would be officially licensing Space Jam.

No lie, I would up my pledge if there was a chance we could get an even better remix of it.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
I only hope that my meager contribution of cash dollars will help immortalize this legendary game series.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
This is the first - and probably last - kickstarter that I have ever contributed to. I may not have the fortitude to handle the ultra-tsundere Cyberdwarf, but drat if I can't resist them sweet, sweet vidjagame tunes of yours, Boyardee. How much is 25 U.S. dollars in Neo-shekels, anyway?

I hope you make so much loving money that you can buy the obscene licensing fees for the entire roster of the NBA, Space Jam, Bill Cosby, and, I dunno, Shaq Fu, and still have money to spare for an elaborate, 20-minute long "Chaos Dunk" FMV made by Square-Enix's animation studios.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
Stretch Goal: Commission Quad City DJs to do a theme song.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

lizzyinthesky posted:

I would donate all of my neo-shekels for that, no joke.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

lizzyinthesky posted:

Stretch Goal: Commission Quad City DJs Ian Gillan to do a theme song.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

lizzyinthesky posted:

I can't imagine they're busy with anything else. They probably need the money.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

lizzyinthesky posted:

I would instantly up my pledge if this happened.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

Kaboobi posted:

I would instantly up my pledge if this happened.

I would as well, nothing would top that. Except having barkley endorse the game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

blackflare posted:

I would as well, nothing would top that. Except having barkley endorse the game.

Speaking of which, does barkley actually know the first game exists?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Never have I pledged so hard for something in my life.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Serious post: add more rewards in the $1000+ range. There are more people who will pay that.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Just passed 25k! And there's only one spot at the $300 tier left.

Androc posted:

Serious post: add more rewards in the $1000+ range. There are more people who will pay that.
Yup.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Didn't even think twice before mashing the contribute button. I have a horrible rate of completion for games I bought - but I *finished* Barkley 1. Can't wait.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

DrManiac posted:

Speaking of which, does barkley actually know the first game exists?

And speaking of, if you're planning to sell this are you worried about lawsuits from Barkley for using his likeness/name.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ohtsam posted:

And speaking of, if you're planning to sell this are you worried about lawsuits from Barkley for using his likeness/name.

That sounds like a Question which has been Frequently Asked

Chef Boyardee posted:

How are you guys selling this game if it breaks so many copyrights?

We are being incredibly careful about copyrights - we've talked to lawyers and have been given the okay. Everything we're doing is completely legal; we're not using ripped art and assets this time around and you'll notice we've been very careful about throwing around Charles Barkley's name!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

You should probably read the OP!

quote:

How are you guys selling this game if it breaks so many copyrights?

We are being incredibly careful about copyrights - we've talked to lawyers and have been given the okay. Everything we're doing is completely legal; we're not using ripped art and assets this time around and you'll notice we've been very careful about throwing around Charles Barkley's name!!

E: gently caress beaten

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Who donated three dollars?

Ultimate Stretch Goal: Live-Action intro featuring the actual Charles Barkley.

EDIT: Someone came up with a creative way to spread awareness of this game:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/support-and-play-upcoming-sequel-hoopz-barkley-saga-tales-games/tHflr0Fn

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 29, 2012

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You forgot the most important question.

Will this game have an Al Bhed version? :colbert:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

You forgot the most important question.

Will this game have an Al Bhed version? :colbert:

I will donate one million billion dollars if I can play the game the way it was meant to be played, in Victorian Al Bhed.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It will be a bummer that the famous B-Ballers of today won't be making reappearances. Also a lot of the charm in the first game was in the combat system where you could really get down to some B-Balling action, I'm not sure the gun's will give the same feeling. I'm sure it will still be a great game though.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Chip Cheezum posted:

I am happy to donate to the sequel. I hope there's more Cyberdwarf dating.

Oh sweet christ I forgot about the dating game segment, that was hands down one of the funniest things I've ever seen in game form.

Applebottoms.
Ed: Only applebottoms.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 29, 2012

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
This game is fully voice acted by actual NBA superstars (including Charles Barkley himself), right?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Backing the hell out of this.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

nippon nifties posted:

That sounds like a Question which has been Frequently Asked

How much do you think it would take to get Charles in on this?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mozi posted:

It will be a bummer that the famous B-Ballers of today won't be making reappearances. Also a lot of the charm in the first game was in the combat system where you could really get down to some B-Balling action, I'm not sure the gun's will give the same feeling. I'm sure it will still be a great game though.

I've already donated to this and am totally psyched, but one of my favorite parts of the first game was graphical and musical assets being a completely random mishmash. v:shobon:v

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

You guys have my money regardless, but is this a single character or multi-character game?

The FAQ says single character but this pic shows what looks like a standard JRPG style party screen.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Well now I have (another) reason to beat 1.

Edit: Oh god I can't spend 100 dollars. I feel horrible :negative:

Dogbutt fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 29, 2012

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Thauros posted:

You guys have my money regardless, but is this a single character or multi-character game?

-snip-

The FAQ says single character but this pic shows what looks like a standard JRPG style party screen.

I've been wondering this too. Maybe it's still single character, but you can swap out the active character?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Mozi posted:

I get the feeling that it is a distinct possibility that perhaps the main character may or may not have the inkling of latent baller potential running through his veins, which could manifest itself in some sick b-ball action once released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Thauros posted:

Looks like the USB game!