Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Considering how great the soundtrack for the first game was (that final boss music owned) i went ahead and pledged 25 dollars. Also, echoing the sentiments to put this on Greenlight ASAP, there's no way it won't get accepted.

Also, is there a B-Balls tag that could be used for the thread? If not, shouldn't there be one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Zackarotto posted:

it... it's not the same... :qq:

Of course not, it wouldn't have achievements. Slamchievements. Jamchievements.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Now give us some good stretch goals so that we have an excuse to waste even more money! Either that or throw in some extra low-tier digital goodies to convince people to bump it up a bit.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, the spritework looks amazing!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So i'm thinking of bumping up my donation to get all of those sweet soundtracks (Station 37 soundtrack? Hell yes. gently caress yes.), but i need to know: are they all properly tagged? I literally start screaming if i open a folder and just see "track 01" and poo poo like that.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, the new stretch goals have convinced me to up my pledge to 40 bucks.

e: Also, you should really try to license Eternity for a ridiculous stretch goal.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 30, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
You will not make anywhere near enough money on those ports to make it worth it. It would be a huge waste of time and money that could be spent on improving the game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Yoya posted:

I'm gonna voice an unpopular opinion and say a 360 port to XBLA could be extremely lucrative. Just have it come out a little bit later than the pc and the ballin Metacritic score will ensure Microsoft will actually promote it. The potential audience there is much larger.

Most of the people who are interested in the game probably want it on PC anyway. I doubt the 360-only audience would be very interested, since it is neither CoD nor Black Ops. :v:

Also, i have never watched Space Jam, and i really need to do that soon, i think. I need to learn more about the Barkley Lore.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh man, i'm glad we're probably gonna be getting Nightmare City. I want more content, all the content. This is gonna be the Skyrim-killer, i can feel it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
drat it, we need some new stretch goals already so that i can up my pledge again. :argh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

taking into account game canon i think you should have a parallel ice dimension in which hockey was banned after mario lemieux's slapshott and chaos deke destroyed proto-Detroit and gretzky rises as bladesport inquisitor

he learns to harness the power of zauberstick's, an ancient art of stick construction, that allows the wielder to control ultimate slapshott's techniques

Ahaha, excuse me? You think hockey is worthy of even being mentioned in the same sentence as b-ball? That half-hearted American bastardization of the very CONCEPT of SPORT, which is nowhere NEAR achieving even HALF the grace and beauty of the ancient, yet honorable sport known as バスケットボール (basuke-tu-baru), hailing from the frozen mountains of the heart of Nippon? (that's Japan to you, i'm assuming that you are too much of an imbecile to know to know how to call things by their true names)

I bet you're even so retardedly moronic that you think the trite American "Power Rangers" is anything less than total garbage compared to the original Super Sentai shows. Hell, i bet you don't even KNOW that they exist, in your near-comatose stupor of beer pong and stupid hockey jocks. If you're not even going to bother being serious here, and keep insisting on dragging this discussion to the base level of your dumb caveman sport, i WILL have to PM a moderator and have them forcibly evict you from this thread. Good loving day, sir.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp. Upped my pledge to $60. Wanna reach those stretch goals.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, getting an actual original theme song would be even cooler than getting Space Jam. And let's face it, Time Warner probably WILL sue if they get the chance. :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

sockpuppetclock posted:

New Barkley Saga plotline found

Infinite Crisis For Infinite Barkleys

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
We're almost at 90k! Upped my pledge to $75 to celebrate. :toot:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So since it has been reached and all, what exactly is The Throat of Geolgathar? I mean, the KS page doesn't say much beyond being a dungeon, but what sort of dungeon are you planning to do? I'm kinda hoping that it will be one of those really huge, really hard things with pretty cool stuff in it?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't see gun's's'haring being that interesting, really. It'll just make loot less interesting since you can just have someone toss you a good gun's code.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Here's an idea for gun's-sharing: If straight up sharing with other players can't be implemented, make some subforum on DwarfNET where some of the NPC posters post guns you can use, and the selection improves based on story progression or something.

With the caveat that all of the guns turn out to be incredibly lovely and useless in their own unique, special ways.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Downloaded the soundtrack preview, it has a new version of Killers. Hell yes. This game is gonna own.

Also, is the Vidcon pack going out later? I've already got the wallpapers, OST preview, and music pack, but not that one.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, I'm digging the soundtrack so far. Glad to see so many classic Barkley tracks getting remixed, and accousticmockup sounds surprisingly badass. (is it a boss theme or something?)

I do kind of hope that zalatar - precious pellets gets a remix too though, that was like the best track in Barkley 1.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, the VidCon pack really reminds me of just how much i love Vidiot Game. I had almost forgotten how great it is. It should be on Greenlight or something.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
What i'm saying is, Barkley 2 better have a class that involves merging with a swarm of bees.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, Non Human is awesome.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Chef Boyardee posted:

Prophetic post. . .

Fuckin' badass.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Barkley 1 wasn't great because of basketball, it was great because the writing was loving stellar. Personally I'm really glad that B2 will be pretty different, because there is a limit to how many Space Jam jokes you can make.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
There better be a Tsundere class in this game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Gortarius posted:

For any Pax prime attendants, please come in wearing the Shrekmono.

Also, that gameplay looks great.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Space Funeral and OFF are both exceptionally good games!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm not surprised at the amount of people in the comment field being offended over Aspergers being a status ailment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
In order to get Greenlit, Barkley 2 must at least match the lofty standards set by this game, which might be difficult.