Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Unguided posted:

Few questions: have you considered releasing a cheaper digital download tier for the artbook?

This is one thing that stood out for me as well in the reward tiers. Contributed $60 nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Now I'm regretting not jumping on the $300 stretch reward while I had the chance. Oh well, I guess not getting divorced'll have to do.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Incredibly well-written and completely absurd but done in a way where it's completely serious for the in-game characters. You can feel Barkley's guilt about his fateful chaos dunk. He means it when he says he'll never perform another.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

evilmiera posted:

We can only reach deeper into our cyberwallets if you offer up some stretchgoals for us to grab for. Like a remake of the original game included with the second, or the aforementioned gold cartridges with your names spray-painted all over them.

A Zelda-like gold cart of the game that works on a real SNES.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Option for a gold cart that works on a real Super Famicom, with all dialogue and menu text translated into Japanese.

魔法のレルムのティル・ナ・ノーグ:ネクロン7からの脱走:クー・フーリンの報復:映画からのゲーム:「第2目」のフープス・バークレーの武勇伝 (note: this is almost guaranteed to be terrible Japanese)

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 30, 2012

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Weed Wolf posted:

The first one is definitely fair use under satire, which no one would really pursue anyways because ToG didn't make any money off of it, and the second game has had any references to copyrighted material removed, and all this has been answered in the OP you clown!

For the 2nd game they're probably OK, especially if they've been consulting with legal counsel, but the first game could still be iffy. Similarly fair use stuff has received C&Ds in the past (House of Cosbys is one example off the top of my head).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just to clarify, since I made one of the earlier jokes about the game working on a retro console, in no way should any console version happen in a way that would interfere with the development of the game itself. And you're definitely much better off working with what you know, and unless a port is a question of "save\export" it's probably not worth your while with the extra headaches involved.

For actual raw numbers, Cthulhu Saves the World made less money in a year on the Xbox indie store than they made in a WEEK on Steam. A console release would in no way "make it rain" for you guys the same way a Steam release would.