Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did we ever definitively determine whether that was a dildo on the shelf or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Not sure if it qualifies as a lair, but I still fondly remember Knormal's My mother is insane thread, in which said goon shows us his house full of stuff. Some of my first exposures to hoarding in here. Brings back memories!

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

ArfJason posted:

Not sure if it qualifies as a lair, but I still fondly remember Knormal's My mother is insane thread, in which said goon shows us his house full of stuff. Some of my first exposures to hoarding in here. Brings back memories!

Is...is that dust? :stonk:

Kracken
Sep 25, 2006

Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake ...

Sloober posted:

It's the same appeal anyone has for collecting hordes of anything. Cat statues or plates or whatever the hell. I don't think it's worth trying to understand it beyond it being an unhealthy obsession, particularly since those things cost like 50 to 100 bucks a pop or more.

Like maybe ten or so years ago I used to work in a store that sold anime and manga and figures and whatnot and I was just blown away by how much money grown men would spend on some figure in a bikini or whatever, and not just in a bikini. The same character would be dressed differently, so they had to buy that one too, or they coloring would be different, or some other minute variation.

I never said anything because profit is profit but as I'd be ringing them up, my mind was just racing with a hundred questions. I don't collect anything so the mentality is so...alien.

Safety Meetings
Feb 4, 2008

My Instagram is blowin' up 24/7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w46Dwh4TMGA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is more of a request than anything, but can someone post vaerai "walls of anime" archon's collection pictures. Unless my memory of them is wrong, I don't think they were posted yet.

Babunar
Sep 15, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did we ever definitively determine whether that was a dildo on the shelf or not?

It's a book on the shelf, spine up, so the shape is caused by the yellowing pages spreading slightly towards the bottom.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Hell yes, masaoki is great on so many levels.

Ganon
May 24, 2003

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

I bet the guy that owns this room just sits there and jerks off all day.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Francostein posted:

This is more of a request than anything, but can someone post vaerai "walls of anime" archon's collection pictures. Unless my memory of them is wrong, I don't think they were posted yet.
I think they are these, but I'm not sure:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Admittedly, this would be pretty cool room to have in a mansion hidden behind a trick candlestick or something.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I can only imagine that the air in this room is thicker than molasses.

[edit] Are those piss bottles? :barf:

Nothing wrong with this, no sir :colbert:

testtubebaby has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Nov 30, 2012

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Turning an old school bus in a home is 1 parts cool and 2 parts creepy.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I've seen this before...

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Lonely Virgil posted:

Turning an old school bus in a home is 1 parts cool and 2 parts creepy.

At least its clean. I understand clutter and even "collectors" a bit as long as its in a mancave or something like that but living like that is just crazy like sick brain crazy.

I am by no means the neatest person ever but wow.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

are those seriously pissjugs

oh god what is in that yogurt cup :stonk:

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Swear I raided this guys room in Fallout 3 and stole his plasma rifle and bottlecaps or someshit

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ArfJason posted:

I think they are these, but I'm not sure:

That looks like what I remember it being. It's just so meticulously organized and preened to perfection. It actually looks somewhat like something a normal person would have until you learn that each one of those books/dvds costs 300% of what a normal book/dvd costs.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
http://www.theanimereality.com/2012/05/06/the-real-victims-post-quake-anime-rooms/

Those poor anime rooms, why isn't the media talking about THEM?! :cry:

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
You guys are so negative. If I had a bazillion dollars I wouldn't keep my anime room in my house. I'd keep it at the office. I'd hold board meetings in front of a seemingly endless, meticulously organized case of tiny polyvinyl chloride waifus and a big screen playing a muted magical girl anime. I would sit there with my fingers steepled and make manly men with rented wives with saline tits explain themselves to me, and then at the end of the day I would ride home not in a car, but in a chariot drawn by corgis and shiba inus.

As I rode on my chariot I would have a beautiful woman stand behind me in a toga and a collar and pink wig and whisper in my ear "All kawaii is fleeting".

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Repost from the "Ask me about growing up with a girl who thinks she's married to anime guys" thread:

quote:

Okay, I've decided to post about my encounter with a local anime group. I found it on the internet, and put off visiting their meeting place for a while because it was kind of in a rough part of town. (I later found out that that particular neighborhood helped inspire David Lynch's Eraserhead.)

I had trouble finding the place, and was about to give up until two otaku-types showed up. It turned out that the apartment was on the side of a much larger building- I would never have found it on my own.

When I got inside, I found out that this was no mere otaku apartment- it was more like an otaku hive, with four or five people living there. The first room had a large space set aside for making costumes, and a bunch of clumps of dirt on the floor. The walls had anime fanart on them. The main room had five or six bookcases full of anime DVDs and manga. The only "regular" books in evidence were a bunch of licensed novels. A large glass case contained figurines of anime girls in various states of undress, and there were wallscrolls everywhere (many of them featuring provocative pictures of anime girls). If I had been living there, I would have spent some money on fixing the exposed insulation, but what do I know?

I also saw a cockroach in the hour or so that I was there.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

este posted:

more importantly, why the gently caress arent they capped?!?! not only is that a GIANT spill hazard, but that much piss sitting around, it would have taken a while to collect, meaning that those bottles have been open to the air for a good amount of time. Theres no way that room smells like anything but piss and ash.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm gonna go brush my teeth now.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012

este posted:

it's honestly probably just chocolate yogurt, which is the most innocent thing in the goddamn room

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Of note for this thread is Danny Choo who is apparently a professional anime room haver or something and has lots of pictures of his anime room and other people's anime rooms

Also, his anime room has an anime moe girl mascot. I presume his anime room is his waifu, as he is inside her all the time.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

This is kinda cool but if that bed had a proper fitted sheet, this would look 60% better. In every shithole I've ever visited, people just sleep on mattresses. Can't you just get one sheet and never take it off? Same difference, right?

quote:

What is it with broke-rear end folks and sleeping on bare mattresses? :psyduck:

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat

:nws: This one has a few naked anime (edit: preteen) girls on his walls:nws:

Asobu has a new favorite as of 08:05 on Nov 30, 2012

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Ema Nymton posted:

What is it with broke-rear end folks and sleeping on bare mattresses? :psyduck:

This may sound odd but I actually enjoyed sleeping on just a mattress without a box spring, it was really comfy. I still put a sheet and pillow sheets on it with a blanket though. Sleeping on the ground just somehow made me feel more secure in a way.

This was back in my dorm though. Even then I kept my room clean because friends would come over. This thread makes me feel so much better about my life.

Ganon
May 24, 2003

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Nice to see that Lain's father finally got around to upgrading his setup...

It was looking a bit tired.

Kracken
Sep 25, 2006

Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake ...

Those are maggots on that plate, aren't they?

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

For all the people thinking these are piss bottles, I'm betting they're just bottles filled with water for use as ashtrays. The waterbottle at front left is clearly full of butts. Why would you keep your piss bottles on the desk? Piss bottles go under the desk.

edit: Also look at some of the less yellow more brown/grey bottles on the left; piss that color would indicate severe kidney disease.

user on probation has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Nov 30, 2012

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

iamathousandapples posted:

it's honestly probably just chocolate yogurt, which is the most innocent thing in the goddamn room

Yeah, that's a yoplait whipped chocolate yogurt which sounds great in theory but is mostly disappointing as it is half air and doesn't actually give you nearly enough real yogurt.

These threads always give me mixed feelings. On one hand, the worst squalor I've lived in has at least been all clutter and no...rot, but at the same time, it makes me horribly ashamed that I turned my bedroom into something that could be theoretically posted here. Fortunately I managed to get it all straightened out, mainly by throwing the majority of the stuff at Goodwill, but, ugh. Sadly (fortunately?) I never took any pictures.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sir Prancelot posted:

That jar by the TV.

What is it.

It looks like a gatorade bottle with the lid off.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BumbleChump posted:

:nws: This one has a few naked anime girls on his walls:nws:

The pics in the URL you linked to has a few posters that are pretty plainly naked anime preteens. You might want to un-link as I think that goons from some regions (including Australia iirc) could get into deep poo poo due to pictures like that showing up in their browser history.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Tank, load the jump program.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

I'm not a gun owner, yet, but provided those aren't props, isn't hanging loaded guns (based on the belt fed one) by their trigger guards in view of a glass window just a terrible idea?

My dad has handgun safe and a bigger safe for his rifle and shotgun, and my big(ger) game hunter grandpa has a safe you can walk into (closet sized, I called it the bank vault when I was little), so maybe I just come from the other end of the spectrum.

Edit: They have to be props.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

I like the katana in the upper-right corner of his room. I'm guessing his interests are anime, guns and CoD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Seamonster posted:

Tank, load the jump program.

It doesn't actually look pleasant to play with, because if it's one solid image of the game you're playing/movie you're watching, it's covered in criss-crossing lines =/

Someone on devart thought this merited a share:

"Xena dolls are above their DVDs" is the last thing you hear before being crushed by a bookshelf full of waifu dolls.

• Locked thread