Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

rats off to ya posted:

looks like the chelsea youth are getting blasted in the rear end. 3-1 Fulham at the moment

Saw the highlights and there were a few nice goals there. Didn't know the final was played over two legs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

vivisectvnv posted:

Are you saying Dzagoev? Please explain what's happening here.

As far as i know, the CSKA Alan is still a lock for the WC and has never been shot in the leg.

I was thinking of the Boston bombing but happy to be gainsaid

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Burqa King posted:

I was thinking of the Boston bombing but happy to be gainsaid

:golfclap:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
euro under-17 semi final is on now, Englands Saviour Patrick Roberts is on show. Portugal are apparently going to win though.

e; it's 2-0 England, Roberts has been good and scored a lucky goal just now. Misshit with his weaker foot and it chipped the keeper.

Portugal have been better and hit the post 3 times in the first half, they've got some good talent.

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 18, 2014

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The Toulon Tournament final is on right now, France vs. Brazil. It's been sloppy but entertaining through the first 10 minutes, 1-1 already, including a shocking dive by Bahebeck up against Marquinhos to get a penalty.

Also one of the strikers on Brazil's bench is named Mosquito, which is a great name imo.

E: phwoar what a strike by Bahebeck

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

Also one of the strikers on Brazil's bench is named Mosquito, which is a great name imo.

I hear he's a pretty lethal finisher.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

trem_two posted:

Theres a lot of buzz about him

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

vyelkin posted:

I hear he's a pretty lethal finisher.

Allardyce wants to make him his new target man as he loves putting men in the box.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
He's crap in the air though, mal-aerial even.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

HJB posted:

He's crap in the air though, mal-aerial even.

He's bested Kolo twice.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

unfortunately, he sucks

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I hear he's big in Africa

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

He's bested Kolo twice.

:stare:

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
Actually I think you'll find Kolo has bested him twice.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mynameisjohn posted:

unfortunately, he sucks

He can't score in the net, that's for sure.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

trem_two posted:

The Toulon Tournament final is on right now, France vs. Brazil. It's been sloppy but entertaining through the first 10 minutes, 1-1 already, including a shocking dive by Bahebeck up against Marquinhos to get a penalty.

E: phwoar what a strike by Bahebeck

Toulon Tournament used to be decent but last time any real talent emerged from it was 2011 (Italy and Colombia pretty decent in that tournament http://www.festival-foot-espoirs.com/archive-festival-foot/archive-festival-foot.php?annee=2011&id=39&content=equipes)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The best youth tournament is still the Torneo di Viareggio, and it's largely because it's club sides competing.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The U20 World Cup is generally excellent for seeing who will be the good players in the coming years. Weirdly, this doesn't apply to Brazil, the African and most Asian teams.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Sinan Kurt, 17 (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z34PHlyKxWc

Apparently both Bayern and Dortmund are in for him atm

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Amongst Reading's new scholars that were announced today were two Icelandic kids and Sam Smith who we've poached from Man Utd.

Anyone know if he's any good?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
So Sporting just bought some Scottish wonderkid Ryan Gauld who I've never heard of but apparently Arsenal and Man Utd were looking into him, any info from my Scottish posting pals?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like every fourth post I read in this thread is about Reading and yet I can't think of any good players to ever come out of the Reading academy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mean Bean Machine posted:

So Sporting just bought some Scottish wonderkid Ryan Gauld who I've never heard of but apparently Arsenal and Man Utd were looking into him, any info from my Scottish posting pals?

He's got a €60m buy out clause now lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

He's a wonderkid in football manager. I don't think he's a real player, though, might be a regen.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Jose posted:

He's got a €60m buy out clause now lol

We give that sort of release clause for every player we buy, it's not really indicative of their quality, some Japanese garbageman we bought for 500k also got a €60m clause

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013

poo poo loads of potential and had a storming start to the 2013/14 season, much less so the 2nd half when teams just made sure to kick him up and down the park for 90 minutes. Most people up here think Portugal would be a great place for him to develop away from this, and also away from the British drinking culture which has certainly messed up one or two of our prospects in the past. Few rumours he likes a night out on the town with his mates and his poorer 2nd half of the season coincided with him turning 18 as well, so good to get away from that type of influence.

Here is a good video showing some of his attributes mainly from when he was 16 and 17. SPL defences and whatever but he has great vision for a pass and not a bad long shot.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sounds like he has potential but won't be ready to be a starter for a couple of years at least.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Liverpool have signed former Spurs defender Kevin Stewart, 20, on a free transfer. Never heard of him but idk maybe he's good?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
He sucks

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

poo poo!!

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Rodgers out

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Duncan Sperguson posted:

I feel like every fourth post I read in this thread is about Reading and yet I can't think of any good players to ever come out of the Reading academy.

Some of these turned out alright

Simon Cox
Shane Long
Alex Pearce
James Henry
Jem Karacan
Gylfi Sigurdsson
Simon Church
Hal Robson-Kanu
Ben Hamer
Jake Taylor
Jordan Obita
Alex McCarthy
Connor Wickham
Dominic Samuel
Michael Hector

In recent years we've had 36 players come through the academy to the first team. Brendan Rodgers did a wonderful job as our youth head, but Eamonn Dolan (who Leeds tried to poach as manager a couple of weeks ago) is gold medal.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
liverpool in the running for young dutch defender Ghëtet Kliirmann. reports are hes a no-nonsense defender, a real workhorse but not too clever with the ball. anyone seen him play?

fat greasy puto fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 4, 2014

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Some of these turned out alright

Simon Cox
Shane Long
Alex Pearce
James Henry
Jem Karacan
Gylfi Sigurdsson
Simon Church
Hal Robson-Kanu
Ben Hamer
Jake Taylor
Jordan Obita
Alex McCarthy
Connor Wickham
Dominic Samuel
Michael Hector

In recent years we've had 36 players come through the academy to the first team. Brendan Rodgers did a wonderful job as our youth head, but Eamonn Dolan (who Leeds tried to poach as manager a couple of weeks ago) is gold medal.

I said good players so I guess Gylfi Sigurdsson, Shane Long at a push

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

fat greasy puto posted:

liverpool in the running for young dutch defender Ghëtet Kliirmann. reports are hes a no-nonsense defender, a real workhorse but not too clever with the ball. anyone seen him play?

i've seen ghetto killermann play and he was great, op

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

tetsman posted:

The U20 World Cup is generally excellent for seeing who will be the good players in the coming years. Weirdly, this doesn't apply to Brazil, the African and most Asian teams.

With Brazil, besides the aforementioned booze and whoring, it's two things:
- Some breakout stars skip the u20 world cup entirely, generally because they are already being called up at the senior level (see: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Neymar, etc).
- To the surprise of no one, CBF is really corrupt and will often sell spots on these teams so that a player can be sold to some unsuspecting foreign team who gets impressed by the "u20 Brazilian team" label. This, by the way, also frequently happens with the senior team (see Evanilson, Christian, Renaldo, Cesar Belli, Athirson and others).

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Duncan Sperguson posted:

I said good players so I guess Gylfi Sigurdsson, Shane Long at a push

Some real good players there mate, sorry you don't have any knowledge below BPL players that you read about.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Riotgrrill posted:

Some real good players there mate, sorry you don't have any knowledge below BPL players that you read about.

Sorry that I don't consider Championship level players 'Youth Players to watch out for'. Otherwise lets mention a billion other academies churning out the next Robert Earnshaw

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

joepinetree posted:

With Brazil, besides the aforementioned booze and whoring, it's two things:
- Some breakout stars skip the u20 world cup entirely, generally because they are already being called up at the senior level (see: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Neymar, etc).
- To the surprise of no one, CBF is really corrupt and will often sell spots on these teams so that a player can be sold to some unsuspecting foreign team who gets impressed by the "u20 Brazilian team" label. This, by the way, also frequently happens with the senior team (see Evanilson, Christian, Renaldo, Cesar Belli, Athirson and others).

Maybe that's how Wengy got suckered into paying real money for Andre Santos? Would explain a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
If you needed another reason to hate Qatar on every comprehensible level known and unknown to man here you go: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/sports/worldcup/in-qatars-bid-for-soccer-respect-big-bankroll-and-imported-talent.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

• Locked thread