Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Polidoro posted:

I take it no one is following the U-20 WC? Uruguay beat Spain 1-0 on extra time and went through to the semis. Turns out that the best way to destroy tiki-taka is to play a two meter tall forward and score from a corner kick.

A special mention to Deulofeu and Jesé who were loving terrible and I blame MARCA for making me think they were great.

I've been following the U20 WC and didn't expect Uruguay to win, but I'm glad you did because those Spanish kids were crying and I just enjoyed it.
In general terms re WC, I was surprised with the performance of the Iraq team, since they pretty much played like poo poo but were crazy fit, covering all of the spaces and just winning on the physical aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
On the other hand their opponent was Uzbekistan.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Iraq is a weird team in that their footwork is lacking in many respects but they keep running and blocking crosses like it's nothing. I wonder if they have good doctors, hmmmm.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Chile's passing is abysmal at times. There's a number of pretty great players but it seems like they keep losing the ball and it's just annoying.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Benne posted:

How the hell did that miss :stare:

It's called a crossbar.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
two games with lots of goals, good entertainment really

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Iraq vs Ghana in the final, book it.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I love that Ghanian supporter in diapers. It represents this whole game.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Polidoro posted:

France will win it all imo.

Yeah probably.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Wow way to be poo poo at penalties Polidoro.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The U20 World Cup is generally excellent for seeing who will be the good players in the coming years. Weirdly, this doesn't apply to Brazil, the African and most Asian teams.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The Euro U19 is being played right now and Serbia are beating Germany 2-1 with only a few minutes left in case someone's interested

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I don't think Portugal stand a chance against Germany tomorrow. Selke and Stendera have looked amazing this tournament.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Just a friendly reminder that today's the UEFA U19 Championship final and the Germans will probably win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Dunban posted:

And they did!

it was pretty drat obvious, you have an almost professional team and they rightfully dominated the tournament

• Locked thread