Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Breathe In The Road: Cardboard Computer and Kentucky Route Zero on Polygon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you signed up for the e-mail newsletter they just announced that Episode 2 will come out around mid-May.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 28, 2013

David Mountford
Feb 16, 2012
Started playing this earlier this evening and I'm absolutely floored by how gorgeous it is. Managed to get it running in multi-monitor surround, so here are a couple screenshots and a brief YouTube video of how it looks.

There's a really similar shot to the second picture in the op which gives you an idea of how much is really added with the surround.

Here's a 45s clip from the same location as the second image.

EDIT: I also forced 16xQ CSAA + FXAA through drivers, reducing the aliasing went a long way in and of itself.

David Mountford fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 30, 2013

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

David Mountford posted:

Started playing this earlier this evening and I'm absolutely floored by how gorgeous it is. Managed to get it running in multi-monitor surround, so here are a couple screenshots and a brief YouTube video of how it looks.

There's a really similar shot to the second picture in the op which gives you an idea of how much is really added with the surround.

I wish there was a way to turn off the HUD so the game could be turned into desktops more easily.

Also, how amazing does the barn zoom sequence look like that?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
That's really impressive.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

David Mountford posted:

GOD drat THAT'S PRETTY.

Seriously, that's a great shot. Wish I had that kinda setup so I could really appreciate it. And to anybody watching the youtube video, you have to view that in fullscreen, at the original quality. loving amazing.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Some screens of Act 2 from CC's twitter:

Nothing too exciting, but it does look like they're diversifying their color palette a bit. And introducing some new characters.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Act II is out now.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

Act II is out now.

First patch as well, looks like. I noticed a few glitches while I was playing earlier, so I'm glad they're active in tackling those.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
How do I get at it on Steam if I already have Act 1 activated?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Inspector_71 posted:

It should download it as a patch.

And holy crap is this game atmospheric as hell. The ending of Act 2 is freaking beautiful. This game just keeps getting and better and there's still three episodes left.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Inspector_71 posted:

If Steam doesn't notice it automatically, exit Steam and start it up again. That usually works when I want Steam to notice a game was updated.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Just blitzed through Act II and holy hell, that was worth the wait. Going to go back and look for optional stuff in a bit, but holy hell that was amazing. And I have never felt more gleefully surprised with a game than The Eagle Segment.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Accordion Man posted:

It should download it as a patch.

And holy crap is this game atmospheric as hell. The ending of Act 2 is freaking beautiful. This game just keeps getting and better and there's still three episodes left.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

If Steam doesn't notice it automatically, exit Steam and start it up again. That usually works when I want Steam to notice a game was updated.

Looks like I got it, there just wasn't anything about it in the news feed for it.

acd
Jan 4, 2004

Some high scores can never be beat.
Mine just finished downloading, I'm debating trying to fast play it tonight, or start tomorrow and take my time, I regretting playing too fast in Act I so likely waiting.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I just started Act II a couple minutes ago, and the 3rd floor of the BRS had me laughing.

Count Clockwork
Nov 6, 2010

I challenge anyone to think of a better use of office space then the 3rd floor of the BRS. :colbert:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

This second act has certainly surpassed my expectations in every way. Now I'm looking forward to the rest of the game even more!

And yeah, that third floor is excellently used.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

It's a good thing I'm not claustrophobic or the map of the Zero would scare the hell out of me.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Act II has been a buggy mess for me.

The first time I loaded the act up I ended up breaking a couple of the conversations in the area because I talked to someone I wasn't supposed to talk to yet.

When I am on the map driving around if I completely stop moving and don't make any inputs for a couple of seconds the game seems to freeze up and the music cuts in and out.

Noticed a couple of spelling mistakes like 'teh' in the bureau directions you pick up at the beginning. Not really a bug, but it was disappointing to see so early in the game.

If I quit and save I can't continue from where I left off. The button won't work. I know this one some other people are having issues with.

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 3, 2013

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I had a bug with continuing after a save. You should probably contact the devs and let them know what issues you are having.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Yeah, I found their e-mail and shot them a message.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
This game is so amazing, can't wait to try episode 2

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Nice I already got an e-mail back.

An update should be going rolling out later tonight.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure the music cutting out in the zero is intentional. It's too well laid out to be a glitch.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
This loving game.

I was enjoying the whole thing (except "driving" Julian) but once you get to The Forest it's just :aaa:

David Mountford, please take some screenshots of that area, I can't even begin to imagine how beautiful they look.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

So I decided to back to Act I of KRZ and see if your decisions in Act I affected how things turned out in Act II. I made sure to go back and talk to Carrington at Equess Oils, and welp.

http://i.imgur.com/fUWPkAk.jpg (semi-spoilers)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lance Streetman posted:

So I decided to back to Act I of KRZ and see if your decisions in Act I affected how things turned out in Act II. I made sure to go back and talk to Carrington at Equess Oils, and welp.

http://i.imgur.com/fUWPkAk.jpg (semi-spoilers)
You can skip him so he doesn't appear at all in Act 2? That's pretty cool if he comes back in later Acts, I don't there are many other games where you can totally miss out an otherwise recurring character.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Lance Streetman posted:

Nothing too exciting, but it does look like they're diversifying their color palette a bit. And introducing some new characters.

drat, seems like I missed a lot this time around. I didn't really like the driving in the Zero, so I basically just used the "fast travel" button. And when I was sent back to the map from Act 1 I just beelined straight for the doctor instead of exploring.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
How do I turn on the tape player in the mines?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Call Now posted:

How do I turn on the tape player in the mines?

Turn the lantern off. In fact, make sure you do the full mine segment with the lantern off.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Lance Streetman posted:

I just finished Act 2 and can't remember seeing any of those things :psyduck:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Call Now posted:

I just finished Act 2 and can't remember seeing any of those things :psyduck:

Many of them were in the warehouse where you talk to everyone about the protagonists.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...
I love this game, but I really want to see the finished product already. I hate all this waiting!

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
Our love will rust this world
Holy hell, Act II was amazing, especially fhe song in the forest. For anyone who's not aware, the soundtrack is available in your Steam folder.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Closet Cyborg posted:

Holy hell, Act II was amazing, especially fhe song in the forest. For anyone who's not aware, the soundtrack is available in your Steam folder.

Yup. I hope we get a new country song for every act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ZDfujSCkU

Also the music for The Zero doesn't sound quite right without the echoing of your truck driving through it.

gschmidl posted:

Many of them were in the warehouse where you talk to everyone about the protagonists.

A few of them are also from the Bureau Of Reclaimed Spaces.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
KRZ is so amazing. I hope Sony picks the complete series up as a PS4 indie title because I would love it to have more exposure.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey there secret favorite thread!

As a Kentuckian I felt a bit of a civic duty to pick this game up a few months ago (yes I'm from Oklahoma no I haven't gotten through the entirety of grapes of wrath). The soft folk tradition of this state that is carried on by the older story tellers and historians has inspired a deep love of 'Kentucky Mysticism' in me. KRZ totally nails it and then some, it's a completely beautiful game.
I'm actually trying to see how much of the roads and places are based in reality. Partly because I'm really anxious to see if KRZ will take me past the town I live in and partly because I'm speculating where other acts my focus in regards to the whole 'Kentucky Mysticism' thing.

I'm suspecting the route will take us to the Land, before too long. Unless the dam flooded the Zero, too.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Acquire Currency! posted:

As a Kentuckian I felt a bit of a civic duty to pick this game up a few months ago (yes I'm from Oklahoma no I haven't gotten through the entirety of grapes of wrath). The soft folk tradition of this state that is carried on by the older story tellers and historians has inspired a deep love of 'Kentucky Mysticism' in me. KRZ totally nails it and then some, it's a completely beautiful game.
I'm actually trying to see how much of the roads and places are based in reality. Partly because I'm really anxious to see if KRZ will take me past the town I live in and partly because I'm speculating where other acts my focus in regards to the whole 'Kentucky Mysticism' thing.

I have family in the Cave City/Glasgow area, so it was kinda neat to see the game set around those places, and recognizing some of those roads.

I just picked up the season pass and played through the current acts and I'm now aching for Act III. An amazing experience all around, and after reading through the thread it's clear that I missed several things. I want to go back and replay, but I also don't want to mess with what I've done so far. I don't know how much the development I've done will impact things in future acts, but I want to see how my first-run-through choices end up affecting things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I am really wanting to play this game, but after like 10 minutes of gameplay the screen is having some problem where it no longer refreshes all of the image. I can't take a screenshot of it, basically only a central square of the screen will update, which cuts off a lot of dialogue and clicking (the mouse usually disappears in the un-refreshed areas). Sometimes when the scene changes the whole thing will refresh, but not always. It does seem to get worse the longer I play, but I didn't really have much patience for that after saving and quitting three or four times to try and play the game unobstructed. I'm pretty uninformed about how to troubleshoot this kind of thing, I did see some kind of vsync option in the esc menu, but I dunno what that is and changing the numbers around din't seem to do anything. Any other ideas? I am playing through Steam and there doesn't seem to be any updates I need to get or anything.

• Locked thread