Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
As others have already mentioned, the Hans Zimmer live tour is awesome. I just watched it last night and it really does show off a good range of songs by him. I was surprised by just how much drums and electric guitar were being used. Its hard to say what I liked best, but the Pirates songs really worked well together as one continuous piece. It was interesting hearing the gladiator music first and then seeing its influence in some of his later songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I finally picked up a copy of the hans zimmer live recording, and its really well made. Far superior to any youtube videos of it out there. The only downside though is that the recording is from the 2016 tour, so no wonder woman theme in it. Its hard for me to pick a favorite out of the various "suites" for the concert. At first, I would have said the Pirates set, but the dark knight set has grown on me with its energy a lot. And interstellar, and superman, and gladiator. Really they are all just so well done for the concert.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
That’s cool, I’ll check it out. I loved listening to film music podcast like Art of the Score, though they stopped updating.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
What are some favs by him? Not sure I’m as familiar with him.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
The podcast Art of the Score is back after an almost 3 year hiatus. Diving into Interstellar’s score in this latest episode. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
They seem to prefer Zimmers older works l guess as they have been doing live shows/concerts on him in Australia.

But they definitely love interstellar at least and all the layering.