Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

ComposerGuy posted:

Randy Newman has been known to employ this as well, though it certainly doesn't dominate his works. Pleasantville comes to mind as a stand-out example, which is also an example of his lean towards Americana-style scoring (he's basically New Aaron Copland in that regard).

I feel this is slightly unfair to Copland.

And, I'll say it, and I prepare to be mocked : I god drat love the soundtrack to The Last of the Mohicans. Yes, I know the main theme is trad (heavily modified from The Gael), but it just works so well and ughhhhh... If you haven't heard it, try this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pCv7k_Hzvg

Yeah, I am a giant god drat cliche, but I still love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU