Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Actually, kidding or not, I KNOW no one would know The Avengers theme and I don't blame them for it. The theme's barely in the movie, and has like almost zero outside exposure.

The biggest issue with Marvel scores isn't really so much they're bland, it's that they don't have a through-line with their music. Captain America has 3-4 themes right now. Iron Man has almost 5. Thor has 2, Hulk has 3? Black Widow has like 2 or so? And they keep changing it.

Repeating the score is all you need. Like I'm sure a decent amount of people can at least hum the new Star Trek theme, right? It's been used for three flicks so far.

CelticPredator posted:

Actually, kidding or not, I KNOW no one would know The Avengers theme and I don't blame them for it. The theme's barely in the movie, and has like almost zero outside exposure.

The biggest issue with Marvel scores isn't really so much they're bland, it's that they don't have a through-line with their music. Captain America has 3-4 themes right now. Iron Man has almost 5. Thor has 2, Hulk has 3? Black Widow has like 2 or so? And they keep changing it.

Repeating the score is all you need. Like I'm sure a decent amount of people can at least hum the new Star Trek theme, right? It's been used for three flicks so far.

Exactly. Captain America winter soldier finally had a great captain theme... and it never shows up in Avengers 2 or Civil War. I was bummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

About 50 minutes of the TROS score is out via the Disney FYC site

Not the entire thing mind, (no main title or credits, which is usual for the FYC score) but what is there is so, so good.

I was going to wait to watch it first... but gently caress it. I can’t wait.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Wonder Woman 1984 soundtrack dropped on Youtube. Now just waiting for the full Bond soundtrack from Zimmer. He always makes good work/writing music.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

Master composer Austin Wintory has been doing some videos on composing and his latest is pretty cool, about when not to put music in a film and it made me think of Cast Away in a whole different way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTdF9kKjXFE

His insights on music on play watch listen is one of the reasons it’s become a top podcast for me. Also the banter between the 4 is fantastic.