Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

James Newton Howard's Hunger Games soundtrack goes unappreciated I think. Catching Fire made me realize there's some good stuff going on with the score. I had to go back and listen to Horn of Plenty because drat that track owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFAUzAtSz0w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Oh no.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I know you guys mentioned The Last of the Mohicans, because that OST is boss as gently caress, but James Horner didn't score that one. Still though, I'm pretty bummed out. I liked what he did on Avatar, even if he managed to use one of his repetitive themes in it.

RIP dude.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The elevator theme in Aliens owns bones. RIP James Horner.

The entire Aliens score owns. Futile Escape is probably my favorite track from it though.

teagone fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 23, 2015

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:agreed: Really sets the mood of the show perfectly.