Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

OUR SNEEZE SHIELDS CANNOT REPEL A HUNGER OF THAT MAGNITUDE

Sentinel Red posted:

Plus the man gave us the pinnacle of 20th century aural art in the form of the steel drum-tastic Commando soundtrack. That and WoK make up for his lifetime of subsequent lazy hackery.

Interestingly, Horner actually started photocopying himself very early. Compare the second theme that appears in the Krull Main Title (1:42), or one of the main themes from Battle Beyond the Stars (0:14) to the second theme of Wrath of Khan (1:05). In fact, a lot of BBTS is pretty much interchangeable with WoK (and includes one of the best trumpet clams ever, at 3:43 in the above clip). Also, compare Commando to 48 Hours (0:46).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

OUR SNEEZE SHIELDS CANNOT REPEL A HUNGER OF THAT MAGNITUDE

Cross-Section posted:

Trinity and Beyond almost sounds more Holst-ian than Williams-esque, which, I guess, is appropriate enough.

I'm pretty sure Stromberg is a big Herrmann fan - I hear a lot of Mysterious Island in the Trinity and Beyond soundtrack.