Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress me, I feel like an idiot. Please help!

Here's the stuff I bought

And I started the install yesterday. The power pack, HU, and new speakers are all awesome. The KSC-SW10, on the other hand, is getting no power. Here's how I drew up the wiring.

What the gently caress did I do wrong????

E: Oh, I moved the blue/white from the sub to the blue/white coming from the harness also, same problem.

E2: I am using a 10A fuse tap for the power to the sub.

E3: Oops, I fixed the power antenna issue, blue from HJ goes to B/W on the power pack now too, sorry.

let it mellow fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

LloydDobler posted:

99% of the time it's just a bad crimp joint or a blown fuse that doesn't look blown. Bust out your multimeter and find out where the power stops. Don't have a multimeter? Go buy one. Even the $10 made in china ones will work well enough for automotive diagnostics.

I have one and will do that. What should I measure, though? Yellow/black? Or something else? Thanks for the advice, by the way.

I know residential electric with no issues, and figured I could easily transition and well, here we are.

edit: part of me thinks it is the blue/white or power antenna connection, but that may be just me being an idiot, since that b/w is now tapped on the lead to the power pack, which works perfectly. also, the manual suggests that is could be ground, but my jeep has a floating ground and all grounds are tied together to the factory harness ground. so it has to be the connection to the 10A fuse tap, right?

Right?

That's all I have. :smith:

Edit: It was a crap connection with the add-a-circuit. Problem solved, thanks for the multimeter idea!

let it mellow fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 29, 2012

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

the posted:

Should I jump on this? Trying to save money. How can I find out if it will fit my Honda Civic?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/3472435265.html
can't comment on whether you should buy it or not, but if Crutchfield sells it, you can go there, put your car information in and select the head unit. The site will then tell you if it fits or not. I used that extensively when doing my Jeep stuff, and ended up buying several components from them for a bit more than I could get them from elsewhere because of how useful their site was.