Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Who makes head units that skip out on the chrome and laser shows? My kingdom for a high quality head unit with USB and aux inputs that looks like it came from a 1995 audiophile catalog.

astrollinthepork fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS
Working on a budget here. I just bought a pair of speakers with an RMS range of 2-30W. My head unit is pushing out 17W. I'm confused about this and I can't even explain how. I see stuff about under powering speakers and all sorts of stuff.

Basically, are those speakers a good match for the head unit?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

HE KNOWS

some texas redneck posted:

You're fine, it just won't get super loud with them. But chances are your existing speakers have similar efficiency anyway.

But what the hell head unit do you have that puts out 17W? :stare:

Whatever the current $100 Sony Xplod is. 52 peak, 17 RMS.

I don't really know wtf I'm talking about.