Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
I had a Pioneer DEH-P6700MP for a loooong time. It got stolen this year and I have been driving around without any radio :smith: I went to best buy and none of their stuff looked as good as the DEH-P6700MP. So now I am going to go about finding something comparable to the same look and feel, and all I require is an AUX input, gently caress the USB or iPhone connectors. I'm just bummed that I have to buy another head unit when I could have been happy using that one forever.

I have a concern about installing the device though, the thief ripped the mounting stuff out and I think may have broken one of the brackets that connected the car to the mounting brackets, how do I deal with that? I was hoping to just take it to a shop to get them to do the installing, but would they even be able to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Won't really know unless you can get us a picture of it to know how to repair it. Also if you loved that head unit why don't you search out another on Amazon or ebay?
Yea I just looked it up on ebay and got a couple of hits, but I also checked out what the "modern" equivalent would be. I don't see any swimmin' dolphins though :argh: and I'm not sure I like the contours on the newer ones. My old one had a flatter surface (you could push the volume knob in)which seems like they don't do anymore. The only problem with that unit is that I had to buy a AUX adapter thing for it, so I'd rather not have to buy that thing again and just get one device. gently caress that thief for this pain in the rear end.

Pictures are a good idea, I'll do that later.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
It's an ebay only find as of now, but looks like a better replacement than going back to the old one.