Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Dumb question

On my 97 Seville, it has the Bose system. I did look at the speakers and the amp is just mounted to the speaker. I know one is bad in the back and I need to replace it. Most of the speakers in the junk yard have been exposed to the elements so they are toast.

Would any one see a problem if I got the amp off the old speaker and made a bracket to hold the amp and just wired in a new speaker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yep, this is the giant pain in the rear end in replacing a Bose system in seemingly any car. It was the case all the way back with the Delco/Bose in our '94 Z28, and as far as I know it's still the case with the Bose in my '07 Mazdaspeed3. You either have to find stock replacements or look at a total swapout.

Yeah, I guess I will just search Ebay and find a new one. It does sound pretty good after I unhooked just the one speaker.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
In my 97 STS, I have been having trouble with the CD Changer in the trunk. I can load a few CDs in, I hear poo poo moving around but it always says "no disc" on the dash. I have been using CD-R's... do you think its just the changer is to old to read CD-R's or is it hosed? I would just like it working when I go to sell the car is about it really. I could care less if it works while I own the car.