Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So has anyone installed a video or navigation head unit and added a backup camera? I see several that offer an optional backup camera and I really enjoy not backing into things. Also do any of these nav units not have sucky outdated maps that cost $100 a year to upgrade with still outdated but a year newer maps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
All my pullouts had backup batteries. F taking off just the face you pull the whole unit out except the sleeve. Ah the good old days. Bonus is you could use it as a weapon fighting your way back to your place.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

toplitzin posted:

I love my MVH-2400NEX. It works great. I will probably go back and add the Maestro unit if/when i upgrade the speakers.

It does have physical volume buttons bottom left.

Option 2: it comes with a remote so you can stick that somewhere convenient perhaps.

If you have this out again there is a 50 cent SD card inside that it stores the OS on. You could consider replacing it. It often fails after 3 years, ask me how I know. You can download the OS and load it on a reputable brand SD card. Bonus it will load up faster.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I only buy prius with the JBL units. The JBL units are not good but the stock units are very bad.