Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Is there any camera interface unit that will allow for 4 cameras to be connected to a head unit? I’d like to do a front, rear, and side view camera setup but so far all I’ve found is the Alpine KCX-C250MC which will allow up to 3 cameras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I was looking to upgrade the head unit to one that supported CarPlay that’s why I was wondering about the camera modules.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

um excuse me posted:

Yea I think I understand you correctly. I was just trying to convey that a video splitter means you can look for head units with just one video port, if you want. Splitters come in A/V, coax, and HDMI flavor. So they should cover most anything you pick, theoretically. But definitely do the research. I'm just pointing you in a direction and haven't done this myself.
OK thanks. I was asking because the splitters I came across were all proprietary units and the max number of cameras they can deal with is three. I didn't think that a regular splitter would work with them. I'll look into it further.

taqueso posted:

Oh the roof rack? TBH I don't know, but I do know I've seen aftermarket 360 cams for sale on ebay like this thing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-360-Degree-Seamless-Panoramic-Parking-Monitoring-System-4-Waterproof-Camera/113674113278

Thanks I'll look into this some more.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

They had a harness for a 2012 Civic when I looked earlier this year.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Does the RDX have non-wireless Android Auto? If so, then you can buy one of those wireless adapters that are like $80 - $100.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I'm looking at installing a JL Audio 10TW3-D4 into a sealed subwoofer box. I'm leaning towards the 10TW3 because it's only 3-1/4" deep and is optimized for a sealed box volume of 0.52 cu.ft. which matches up almost exactly with the specs of my sub box.

Would the Kicker 47KEY500.1 be powerful enough for this amp or should I be looking at another solution?

I like the KEY500.1 because it's a compact amp with built in DSP.

JL Audio 10TW3-D4: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Y6k7HPUuvCd/p_13610TW3/JL-Audio-10TW3-D4.html

Kicker 47KEY500.1:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-YlyLA7VtNGh/p_20647KEY50/Kicker-47KEY500-1.html

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Lowclock posted:

Is this for replacing a stock sub that came in the car? If so I'd double check that the cutout diameter and screw pattern will actually work because subs tend to vary on fitment a lot more than midranges, especially JL, who practically invented Weird Mounting poo poo.

I'm all about DSP stuff, but that amp seems to just tweak the gain and maybe do some other kind of weird input compensation that probably isn't useful unless you have weird integration issues.

If you can fit "normal" gear you'll either save a ton of money or gain a lot of performance, but if that stuff will fit I guess it's fine.
It's for replacing a stock sub, but it'll be mounted in a box designed to fix in a storage cubby in the trunk so it won't be in the stock sub location.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Anyone here ever use RSNAV? I have a 2019 Audi and am debating between installing a RSNAV unit and getting the infortainmernt screen from the facelifted model. Basically I'm looking for a bigger screen. They both work out to be about the same cost but the RSNAV would have the advantage of giving me touchscreen capability to use with CarPlay. I know it has a lot of other functions since it's essentially an Android tablet but I'm not interested in watching Netflix in my car or playing games.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

RIP Paul Walker posted:

If you get the facelift, doesn’t that give you a touchscreen? I know the face lifted big screen Q5 ditches the knob (RIP) for a touchscreen, figure the rest of the Audis would as well.

I have a 2011 Q5 with https://s and it rules. I love the knob.
Upgrading the screen only gives you a bigger screen even though it’s a touch screen. To get the touch screen functionality, I’d have to upgrade the infotainment system to the newest one (MIB3) but then I would lose use of the rotary knob which is what the MIB2 system uses.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I have a 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback with the B&O Premium system. I'd like to upgrade the subwoofer. I was looking at the JL Audio 10W6V3-D4 and I have a sealed box of the right size to go along with it. For the amplifier, I was thinking of the Wāvtech Link500.1 mini as it'll do 500W at 2 ohms. I like the Kicker KEY500.1 with it's automatic DSP but it only does 300W at 2 ohms. Someone suggested the JL Audio VX600/1i (it'll do 600W at 2ohms) but that seems a bit overkill for me with all the custom tuning functionality (unless there's an automatic mode).

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I’m not set in the JL, it’s just what was recommended. Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll check those out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

iDataLink makes adapters that let you keep using other OEM hardware in your car (like steering wheel controls, amplifiers, speakers and subwoofers, back up cameras, etc.) with an aftermarket head unit. iDataLink compatible means that they make adapters that will work with that head unit.