Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Lesson learned: do not use a 5/8" sub box for a Stereo Integrity SQL 12 powered at 800W RMS. Fortunately I also had a $65 3/4" box with a 1" baffle side, so it was a short evening to swap it out. This sub is amazing, 28mm of excursion and designed for small sealed box use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Lowclock posted:

You should try some kind of flanged threaded insert with socket headed cap screws and washers if they fit.

I pulled it because I was concerned that my pre-drill of the screw holes was too big, and they might have pulled out. This was true of several of the holes.

The crack in the baffle board was halfway between any of the holes, I'm guessing the problem is too much air movement for 5/8" mdf.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Favorable experience: the broken box came from hifisoundconnection.com, and I posted a 3* review of the box explaining my experience with it. I got a phone call from their customer service, sent them the picture of the broken baffle, and they issued a full refund. This is better than I expected!