Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Recently bought an 01 miata that has an old pioneer cd head unit that doesn’t work:

I’m looking for either a single din head unit with Bluetooth that matches the interior better, or just forget trying to make it look good and go for a double din unit with CarPlay.

Are there good CarPlay units that are in the $300 range? They seem to range from $200 to over a grand, and I haven’t paid attention to car audio in 20 years so I’m very out of the loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I’ll have to take a look, it does cycle through some very silly early 2000s “cool” displays, but I don’t think dolphins is one of them.

Edit: it does do dolphins, and lol @ these selling for over $100 on eBay. Why are they desirable?

moxieman fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 18, 2023

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

Based on the recommendations from the thread and some other browsing I’ve done, ATOTO seems to be the default alternative to name brand head units. Are they just better all around or are there still reasons to spend more for a pioneer/alpine/kenwood or whatever?