Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does anyone make a bluetooth adapter for ipod docks in cars that can pass the track skip commands to an iphone?

Here is what I want to do: I have an 08 Infiniti G35 with the stock stereo. It has ipod integration, but its the old firewire kind, so I have an adapter on the end of the stock infiniti dock connector that converts it to the new charging standard (which I needed for my iphone 3gs and 4s to charge them) and now I have a 30-pin to lightning adapter on the end of that for my iphone 5.

It all works fine actually, my 5 charges and plays music fine, I can use all the steering wheel controls, and the artist/track name shows up on the screen.

I recently had a Buick Lacrosse as a rental car, and I tried its bluetooth audio and really liked it. I'd like to put a bluetooth receiver on the end of the stock infiniti dock connector to be able to do bluetooth audio, but most of the reviews I read say that the bluetooth receivers only passively receive audio, they wont receive artist/track data, nor will they pass the steering wheel control button presses to the phone.

Is there an adapter that does this out there?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU