Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
What's the default recommendation on adding a subwoofer to a factory deck? I had an '07 Civic Si that I disconnected the factory woofer on, ran the sub speaker wire as a speaker level input into an amp, and got one of those boxes that acts as a remote wire from a key switched +12v line. I think I had it hooked to the power antenna. From there it was just power and ground.

Pretty much the same? I'd love to have a single 10 or 12 in a small sealed box, but may not be able to convince the wife :-) the Civic was totaled and I sold all the stuff in the trunk to some dude off craigslist. Really wish I had kept it all now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002

Knyteguy posted:

In the first post of the thread it mentions using lovely wires... would these qualify as lovely wires? http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4-4 It's about $250.00 cheaper than my local audio shop wants for an 8 gauge install kit (this is 4 gauge) for the same OFC w/ RCA wires.

E: Also would the RCAs included in that kit power all 4 speakers?

E2: Nevermind looks legit. My local audio shop is just over the top expensive for just about everything.

I've installed 2 systems with knu konceptz kits. It's been awhile though. It worked out ok, wire was decent. I would much prefer a decent kit off of sonicelectronix though. I think the last time I put one in it was ~75 for a Rockford fosgate or something similar. It was definitely nicer than the knukonceptz kits.