Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
Any alarm experts here? I have a Smartstart setup with alarm and I would like to pair a new transmitter to it. The instructions mention a Program button on the alarm box, but all I have is a Valet button. Does this require wiring a switch into one of the connectors?
Directed are dicks who don't affix labels that give model numbers to the alarm box, so I can't search for a manual that they probably would sue someone for posting.

It also has this weird tendency to not respond to the remote once the engine starts. Shutdown or Unlock has to be handled through the stunningly suck-tastic mobile app. This is loads of fun in the rain.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.

Lowclock posted:

I don't know what exact setup you have, but the button you're looking for is probably mounted on the antenna. They intend for you to mount it on the front windshield to blink it's bright rear end LED but usually installers just stick it up in the headliner or under the dash or something. I wouldn't be surprised if it's mounted somewhere really noisy which is giving you signal problems with the car running but only on the little fob remotes.

I haven't yet dug out the antenna, but you're on the money regarding the truck running.