Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

I ordered this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43552_Pioneer-AVIC-X940BT.html
Which comes with all the parts I need, harness, antenna adapter, etc. I should have it by the end of the week.

And I also ordered the traffic tuner for it. It's going in to a 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback.

I was thinking of having it professionally installed, but after looking at some videos, it doesn't look like a huge job and may try doing it myself.

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to take apart the OEM poo poo radio that comes stock on the Versa and make a fake faceplate out of it, so it looks like the poo poo OEM is still in the dash so this new one doesn't get stolen?

I looked for "Dummy faceplates" but there aren't many choices, and I would think thieves would know what to look for if they saw one of them.

Edit: Oh, this HU has a partial detachable face, meaning the lower left quadrant of buttons below the volume knob come out. Are these keyed to a specific HU? Or could a thief just pop one off a display model in Best Buy and have a working HU to sell for crack?

Edit Edit: Well, according to Pioneer, they are NOT keyed to specific head units. Well that sucks. Looks like I'll have to make a dummy face.

Mistayke fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU