Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
I'm a complete newbie to car audio, but I thought I could at least install a head unit. But I need advice, please. This is the back of my new unit, which is really a refurb:

This is what my harness looks like.

Am I missing something? Did I buy the wrong harness, is my head unit missing a part, or am I meant to solder the wires directly to that black box?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noni
Jul 8, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

We need your units' model number, and the year/make/model of your car.

2001 Honda Accord DX, Pioneer DEH-4400HD

Molten Llama posted:

The head unit should have been packaged with its own harness. If it's missing, contact the seller and get them to send you one.

That must be what the problem is. If the seller doesn't have it, what are my options? Will Pioneer send me one? Are there some generic solutions?

Boy I'm kicking myself now for buying a refurb. Thanks for the fast responses, guys!

Noni
Jul 8, 2003

Thanks! Just bought it. I did contact Pioneer, but they offered the part for $15 plus $10 shipping. Oh well, it's not their fault.