Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ralin
Jan 20, 2004
aaa
The new Prius's bluetooth systems have a feature where they automatically find my iPhone when I start the car and resume playing whatever it was playing when I turned the car off. All of this happens without me having to push a single button. I'm looking for a new head unit for my 2001 Pathfinder and would like this feature. Is there a particular name for this feature or a particular type of compatibility with the iPhone that is needed to get the bluetooth system to work like this?
I have been in cars with decks with bluetooth audio streaming and they don't just automatically start playing from my iPhone so I think its something beyond just audio streaming.

edit: After looking at Toyotas site they seem to describe this feature as "Multimedia system will automatically reconnect and resume music streaming after a disconnection due to loss of wireless signal." does anyone know any any aftermarket head units that can do this?

ralin fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU