Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax
Jul 23, 2004

I'm the Goon in the OP. Dispatch your messenger forthwith.
I'm looking at installing a XM receiver in my wife's 04 RX-8. No aux in on the factory unit, so it's looking like a FM modulator is going to be the way to go. Is there anything specific that I need to be looking for when trying to find one? Any brands better than any other? Any that handle noisy electrical systems well (or better)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax
Jul 23, 2004

I'm the Goon in the OP. Dispatch your messenger forthwith.

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Hyrax, I do not have a clue about XM and haven't really dealt with FM Modulators that much beyond getting frustrated with them easily, sorry.

No worries. I might not have been entirely clear -- I was talking about the hardwire, in-line-with-the-antenna modulators rather than the FM transmitters. If those are still frustrating and suck then I might be looking for another way to get sat radio in her car. :)