Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

draccio
May 11, 2005
I am the BullFrog
As you may have followed, I own a 2012 WRX Premium with the stock stereo.

I am looking at possibly replacing the entire stereo and would like your expert input. I want a better sound and a mostly stock look without losing any of my bluetooth or steering wheel mounted controls.

Below is my wishlist from Crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-I8cJoNZcnqX/app/tools/WishlistViewer.aspx

Feel free to rip it apart and let me know if I should change anything and why. I know that one of the items is discontinued.

Spank you all and Happy Holidays!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

draccio
May 11, 2005
I am the BullFrog

powderific posted:

That link isn't working for me. I just did a replacement on my 2013 Crosstrek, which should have fairly identical install, so I can offer more detailed advice on stuff like the SWC setup if you need it.

Son of a bitch... lol

Deck = Kenwood KDC-BT952HD
Stereo Control = Axxess ASWC
Front Speakers = Alpine SPS-610C
Rear Speakers = Alpine SPS-610
Sub = Sound Ordnance B-12
Amp for Speakers = Blaupunkt THA475PnP (Discontinued)
Amp for Sub = Kicker 11DX250.1

I am not partial to any of the brands I choose but having a great sounding system on a "budget" would be great. I listen to most music except for heavy rap and country.

draccio
May 11, 2005
I am the BullFrog

powderific posted:

Good poo poo about stereo equipment...

I swapped the deck with JVC KW-R900BT. Just hope I would not lose the audio and USB connections in my center console.

I swapped the discontinued amp for Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 as I have owned a Rockford amp before and it was awesome.

I kept my speaker choices as I do not want to spend a lot of money and would rather have a good core and swap the speakers later if warranted or wanted. Would http://ae64.com be a better choice than my Axxess ASWC choice?

How do you like the JVC headunit? Would my selections work properly together?

draccio
May 11, 2005
I am the BullFrog
I was thinking about replacing the wires if the factory ones are not up to snuff. If I were to do that, I would wire up adapters to the audio and USB connections within the center console.

Keeping it looking neat and as stock as possible would be my goal. Have not been a teenager for many years and do not want things half-assed and wires everywhere. ;)

Thanks for the input, I definitely would need help with installing everything.