Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Anyone else pick up Strikers 1945, which has suddenly appeared on Switch (ported by Zerodiv of all people)? It feels to me like there are a couple of extra frames of lag, playing in portable mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Psyvariar Delta is now available on Switch on the Japanese eshop, likely for PS4 at midday Japan time. It's Psyvariar but with the M2 gadget-style extra readouts around the side of the screen. If you played the PS2 port of Medium Unit and Revision you know what you're getting. There's a DLC for another character from a completely different game (which comes with its own soundtrack) but I haven't tried that yet. The use of HD rumble for the buzz mechanic is nice, to the point where I wish I could turn off all the other vibration in it.

The control response seems good so far, which hasn't been something you could rely on with some Switch shooters (Sisters Royale and Strikers 1945 felt a little bit behind the action to me) so at least so far I haven't spotted anything that might make the Switch version a bad choice.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 29, 2018

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
You can choose from eight languages when you start it for the first time so surely it must be getting an international release.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I’m pretty sure that the games in the CE version (the home ports) are separate from the main collection - so that’s 6500 yen for five ports, without the arcade games. I’ve read that page a couple of times and the Famitsu article and haven’t seen any suggestions that you get both sets in one go.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I was looking through the Japanese Eshop and noticed that City Connection are publishing the Psikyo ports now too, or at least Strikers 1999. They seem to be branching out lately.

edit: It's because CC bought Zerodiv up in March this year. They're the publisher on all of those games now.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 15, 2019

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I still think the whole Exa-Arcadia thing is just a particularly extreme way for Shou to feed his arcade collecting habit and maybe make some of his costs back.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Hopefully they do something about the fact the original arcades ran at 55hz too - I bought the Arcade Archives version of Image Fight and couldn't bear the constant juddering.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
You can get unusual frame rates out of any display with VRR - one of the first things I did when I got my first Gsync monitor was play R-Type.

The Mister has a feature to activate VRR too if you dive around in INI files and it works pretty well on my LG CX. Hopefully they’ll do that on the PS5 and Xbox at least.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 27, 2023

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Ofecks posted:

Beaten while I was editing. So VRR has to be turned on via application? Can you force it on in the GPU control panel for applications that don't officially support it?

Guessing if you buy that comp on console, if it doesn't explicitly support VRR, you're out of luck.

On PC and to a large extent on Xbox and PS5 in my experience, it just works as long as the app is putting out the relevant frame rate and you’ve activated VRR at the system level. There are definitely exceptions though, especially on PS5. Hopefully they’re taking that into account.

Elden Ring is an example of a game which really benefited from VRR because of the trouble it had hitting 60fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Excellent soundtracks from Yosuke Yasui too. Ridiculously good value.