Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I passed the 70-461 (Querying SQL Server 2012) exam a couple of weeks ago. I've always had some interest in SQL but am using the exams as a blueprint for topics to study or look into.

I think the most frustrating thing about the 2012 series of Microsoft exams is that the exams have come out long before the materials to study with are available. There are a number of books for the SQL and Server series that aren't even available until April 2013, many months after both Server and SQL 2012 were released. There are plenty of other resources, but the thing I like about the exam prep series is the mapping between the book and exam objectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have tips for the VCP-510 exam? I only have materials for the vanilla VCP5 exam (Mastering vSphere 5 and the CBT Nuggets) - is this still heavily focused on licensing and maximums like ram and disk sizing?

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Good at everything but closing a project? Well you'll fit right in with all other PMs I've ever worked with.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Balthesar posted:

Anyone have tips for the VCP-510 exam? I only have materials for the vanilla VCP5 exam (Mastering vSphere 5 and the CBT Nuggets) - is this still heavily focused on licensing and maximums like ram and disk sizing?

I wrote the VCP yesterday and passed with a 363 (300 passing). There was barely anything about limits. For anyone studying be sure you know how upgrading to vSphere 5 impacts VMFS volumes. Also storage and network IO control are featured heavily.

Woo!

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My only gripe with the book is the quality of the paper is pretty low compared to most books. A lame complaint because the book is otherwise awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just barely passed the 70-462 (Admin SQL 2012).

For anyone else who's taking this exam be sure not to skip any materials on SQL Azure. I got stung by like 5 questions involving Azure.