Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
I passed my 70-680 (MCTS: Win 7, Configuring) this past Saturday with a score of 840 (out of 1000; 700 is minimum score to pass). It was definitely more difficult than I expected. I wasn't very confident that I had passed it, so I got quite the rush when I saw the word congratulations on the screen.

70-640 is next (Win Server 2008 Active Directory), followed by 70-642, 70-643, and 70-647.

I'm on target to complete all of those before some begin to expire on July 31, 2013.

I'd switch to 2012 exams but I'm in WGU's Network Design and Management degree program so that's not available yet. I plan on taking upgrade exams after I get my MCITP: EA and graduate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006

madmaan posted:

Be careful with the 70-640. This test will be your shittest test of the series by a lot of accounts. I found it to be a huge slog.

What were the worst parts that made it a huge slog for you? Was the studying the slog or getting to the test and realizing the minutia you were required to remember?

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006

Tab8715 posted:

Where did you see the exam expiration's?

See the link below for a list of MCTS certs. If you scroll down and expand the Windows Server section, you'll see asterisks next to exam numbers. Scroll down farther to see what expiration date those exams have (where they'll no longer be available).

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcts-certification.aspx

I'm currently pursuing my MCITP: EA cert. The expiration deadline helps keep me motivated. I have my 70-680 so I still need the 640, 642, 643, and 647 within a 6-7 month time frame, leaving a little time buffer in case I fail one. Madmaan told me the 680 and 642 were the worst tests so I went for those first for some reason.